The Last Goodbye

The Last Goodbye is a memorial quilt designed to honor my family.  The six of us are all in here even though we were never six all together. My brother passed away as an infant, my father when I was 8. I spent a week in LaVeta, Colorado with Ricky Tims designing this quilt. I wanted to learn how to make a rhapsody quilt, and use that opportunity to design this quilt at the same time. The center square in the Log Cabin blocks is fabric from my fathers tie, the only thing I have of his. The 2 dark blocks represent my 2 brothers and the 2 light blocks represent my sister and I. The cream background fabric represents my mother and her antique wedding dress that I wore for my own wedding.  The colors in this quilt, purple, orange, and green, are my favorite color combination. So this quilt is my way of acknowledging my love for my family, my love for design, and my love for color. I forgot that I posted about this quilt a year ago, I guess getting older means that you forget stuff like this!

20160217_115123.jpg

Archived