Need Quilting ideas please UPDATED finished quilt

My Grandma hand pieced the middle of this quilt about 10 years ago or so I'm told. Yes unfortunately I cut some of it off to finish it.  My aunts asked me to finish it for her for her bed.  Grandma is in her mid 90s and has a very hard time seeing.  I am drawing a blank on how to quilt the center of the quilt, especially the cream colored sashing.  The outer blocks I machined pieced all from her stash.  thanks in advance for any help.

Grandmas quilt.jpg

You  could do a block design on the pieced blocks. the design could be the same or each different but have the sme elements in each. Then pick an element in the designs and use that between the blocks. I would leave the black sashing unquilted for the eye to rest. It's going to be awesome!!!!

Oh my goodness.  You and your grandmother did a great job on this quilt.  I really like how it turned out.  Your quilt block compliment the center.  I can't help you with how to quilt, but I do look forward to seening the finish product.  I like the large picture.  Can see it better.

I agree with not quilting the black sashing, but I think I would just do a large crosshatch through the middle squares and then maybe feather the larger white sashings, (only because I like feathers so much)  and then several differant things in the outside blocks.  She is going to love this!

Connie:

Your feathers look outstanding.  You did a fine job.  Could you post a close up of the older clamshell blocks?  I for one would like to see more detail what you did there.  I think Gma is going to love it.

Cagey

PS; Click the edit button that is at the bottom of your original post to edit the title.  

Wow!  Your quilting choices and execution are spot on!  It really highlights the piecing and makes this one gorgeous quilt!  I also like the way you did the feathers with sashing-like intersections.  Great idea!

Archived