Psalm Rose - baby quilt

My customer Suzanne made this quilt for her nephew's baby, whose name is Psalm Rose.  She wanted wavy lines and I saw a quilt with bubbles added. For Christmas I bought myself a set of Jamie Wallen's puzzle piece circle rulers and used three of the rulers on this quilt.  I love circles that look like circles!

Also she has a four year old nephew who loves naming the states and capitals, so she found this US map for him.  So Fine on top and BL in the bobbin.  Hobbs 80/20 batting.

33112248165_ef79ac05bd.jpgPSALM ROSE 002 by Libby G, on Flickr

32296602523_8b9672733c.jpgPSALM ROSE 003 by Libby G, on Flickr

32729839860_64744956de.jpgUnited States by Libby G, on Flickr

Ann,

I actually "borrow" ideas from other quilters.  I saw a post on another forum by a Barb in Buffalo where she used the wavy lines with the circles vertically on an ocean quilt.  When my customer wanted wavy lines, I thought the circles would really add a nice visual effect to the quilt.  It also gave me an opportunity to use Jamie Wallen's circle rulers.  You actually take them apart and "piece" then around your hopping foot.  Really easy to use.  Then I googled images of elephants and found a pink one that was quilted.  It didn't have the flower and bird, but I liked the quilting on it.  I'll tell Suzanne you loved her rendition.  Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived