Millie feels like she is hitting a bump

My 2008 Millie is bumping when I move from front to back. I have checked to make sure it is clearing the carraige. I  have checked the frame and can't find a problem there. It is so significant that it actually vibrates the frame. I just changed out my encoder wheels but we checked that and it even happens when I disengage the encoder wheel. Could my M&M wheels need replacing even if I can't feel anything wrong with them? At my wits end. Anyone else have this happen?

Virginia, if you just changed out your encoder wheels, it may be that one of the allen screws that hold the encoder wheel on its gold shaft didn't get totally screwed in and is hitting the M&M wheel.  If the bump is just front-to-back, you don't need to worry about the wheels or encoder at the back of the carriage, just look more closely at the wheel/encoder attached to the head axle.

I checked the cables and nothing was hitting. I am going to call Amy tomorrow for more ideas. I think I am going to find my old wheels and switch them out to see if that is the problem. That is the only thing that I can think of.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived