I am too bored

I have been down with arthritis in my shoulder and a little fibro flair. Just saying that because I want you to know why I am sitting around. Not that you really care, or that I owe and explanation...so never mind! 

I am sick of television. I am not doing some fun quilting, piecing or even cleaning the studio, because frankly, my should hurts so bad it is hard to change my clothes. You do not know what you use your arm for until you can't. Thank goodness it is my left arm. There I go again.

Anyway, I have watched so much stuff on television, Netflix, DVR, yada-yada. So I decided to pull up You Tube on the television and watch videos on quilting studios. Just to get ideas on storage. So this lady is doing a tour of a great studio. She has a 2006 Millie. She said, I don't even know what to do with this, the warranty just ran out, so it is no good any more and who would want it?  What?! See this is why I shouldn't watch television. I am getting bad at is. I shouted at the television and said, "It's still good!!" "Why would you even say that?" She didn't hear me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry you are bored, I would love to find some time to sit and read.....I hope your shoulder feels better soon....we have storms going on here in VA this afternoon so I am not quilting either....and you are right, tv is boring!  I did find the Great British Baking show now has another season on netflix and hope to watch that sometime....

I have liked too many posts today :blink: So, just know I have liked your posts. What the heck?! If I am bored with TV, then I am going to the internet. How am I suppose to live if I can't like posts. Why do they limit us to 10. That means I have to be veeeerrrryyyy selective when you all post quilt pictures, or funny statements, or.....

Mary Beth, you are too funny.  I get like you sometimes too.  My back will not let me do the quilting I want to do any more, and yes the TV gets boring.  I havn't starting yelling at the TV yet, but havn't looked at you tube on it either.  Hang in there, and sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

40 minutes ago, quilterkp said:

Hope that your shoulder gets better soon!   And if that lady doesn't know what to do with her Millie, well, she can just send it straight to me! Even with no LA experience, I am smart enough to know that she is dissing a good machine!

I had zero LA experience when I bought my first LA. I jumped right in. That lady was little goofy, lol.

Mary Beth...I will trade places with you.  I have  arthritis in my feet and wrists.  It's getting where I can't stand or walk.  BUT instead of shouting at the TV I'm so blessed that I have a wife that SHOUTS at me....over and over and over.  She is a trained professional....never a boring moment with her....I don't need a TV with a remote control because I have a built in remote where I just turn my wife off...usually she never knows it.

......at least you haven't thrown anything at the TV. I'd hate for a perfectly good tv to get damaged. Go fill up the tub with warm water and your favorite bubble bath. I find a nice soaking bath makes my shoulder (had surgery a few years ago) feel better.

Can we form a rescue party and go get that Millie?

Mary Beth you are so funny!  I hope your shoulder feels better soon.  I had two abscessed teeth last year, a month apart, and felt so tired.  I didn't have the energy to do anything because no one could tell me why I was so tired until my face blew up!  The abscess was draining and I kept fighting the infection.  You just can't work when you feel rotten.  Sooo, I'm just saying, you can ship all your fabric my way so you don't have to worry about quilting anymore.

Oh girl..... Pain is a terrible thing. I can't imaging what you are going through. But when I don't quilt, I look at youtube as well. It gives great ideas and pointers. I never turn my television on throught the year, except for some NFL because it really has depressed me in the past. I listen to music, or read my Bible. Reading the Bile points to Jesus, and He gives peace, joy and comfort during those Yucky times in our lives. Hope this passes soon for you!

Mary Beth, my Hubby as a lot of arthritis all over.  I do Mircocurrent on him and it helps reduce the inflammation and pain.  Maybe it would help you?  

Interesting that you post this now, On Monday my Hubby is having shoulder surgery,  cleaning out the arthritis and bone spurs, plus repairing a tear.  

Will be praying you feel better soon!

One more thing.  I told my husband about you and he told me to tell you about Turmeric.  He takes it every day, 1 Tablespoon.  He puts it in hot water with a little sweetener.  It does not really stir up because it's a root.  So some people take it in pill form.  But he doesn't do pills well and you would have to take several to get a Tablespoon.  So there you have it, my husband's 2 cents! 

3 hours ago, Pepsi Girl said:

One more thing.  I told my husband about you and he told me to tell you about Turmeric.  He takes it every day, 1 Tablespoon.  He puts it in hot water with a little sweetener.  It does not really stir up because it's a root.  So some people take it in pill form.  But he doesn't do pills well and you would have to take several to get a Tablespoon.  So there you have it, my husband's 2 cents! 

Nancy I saw an article that said tumeric only works if you add black pepper, something about a chemical bond that occurs.  I do hear that it works very well when used with that.  

Mary Beth,

Sorry your shoulder is giving you fits, that is no fun.  My right shoulder flairs up now and again but dare I say right now it isn't bad?  My foot is still a major problem.  I have arthritis in my big toe and it has lost about 90% of its mobility.  I have been really pushing myself to get out and walk.  Some days I can't do more than a mile and others I can make it 3 - 3 1/2.  I don't beat myself up if I can't do more, I just keep moving.  I keep telling myself Landon and Scarlett need me to be able to move.  This aging thing is no fun!

3 hours ago, Quilting Heidi said:

Nancy I saw an article that said tumeric only works if you add black pepper, something about a chemical bond that occurs.  I do hear that it works very well when used with that.  

Please don't tell my husband because he thinks it works! 

Actually I read that too but haven't wanted to rock the boat!

Mary Beth

I think you should go shopping for a TENs unit.  I have found mine useful to cut down on shoulder pain when it flares up.  Maybe it will help you a little.  If not, you forgot your troubles while you were shopping.  It is a no lose situation.  

Cagey

Aren't these 'GOLDEN YEARS" they told us about wonderful?  Trying to be positive here....."Then I saw the man that had no feet"....I always remember that story and it helps me put whatever I'm going through in perspective.  Somehow that always helps my pain just a bit.

Mary Beth, I have arthritis in my shoulder, too. Diagnosed about seven years ago. Started on one naproxen a day, but within six months I needed two and was still experiencing pain. I panicked, wondering, if it is this bad in my mid-50's, hth was I going to live?

I started putting 3-4 slices of fresh Ginger into my hot drinks -- coffee, tea -- every day, and within 2-3 weeks the pain was under control without any pills at all. Most days I forget I even have arthritis in that shoulder.

Once you get it under control you can even miss a few days and still be all right. This tends to happen to me when I travel. I carry a hunk of ginger with me, but sometimes I just forget.

I hope you find what works for you.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, Pepsi Girl said:

Thank you, and tell your husband thank you. I will try it.

Archived