Bobbin thread not being pulled up

I am new using my 2008 Millie. Been performing beautifully.   I struggled with another longarm for 3 yrs, so glad to have an APQS.  I am playing today, for the first time.  Going along fine, used a ruler for a bit and oops, hit it. No damage to needle, but I changed it.  No damage to ruler.  Took out L bobbin case, cleaned with air and card under the outside spring. Still nothing.   I took out case, put needle down into lowest position and it seems to be fine, looks like 1/16th " showing into the place it should be.  Put in new bobbin too.  I'm hoping I don't have to do thr dreaded re-time? ??

Thanks for any additional suggestions I might have overlooked.

Donna

Hi donna. Welcome. Just some thoughts. Try another needle. Go back to the original needle just to see if it will pick up the bobin thread.  Try a different size needle. Occasionally  my george will miss the thread when i am bringing the thread to the top for a new bobbon or starting in a new place. I just try again and ut picks it up. Dont know why? Good luck. Let us know what happens. 

Thanks for feedback, Patty Butcher,  my APQS rep, called me, sent photos back and forth, showing my needle at its lowest point in the bobbin area. She sent me HER photo and there is no way my needle is down that far (no wonder it's not picking  up the bobbin thread!).  I am watching the timing video this weekend, as we both feel that when the ruler jumped (didn't damage needle or ruler) it may have hit needle screw and may have pushed the needle bar up a bit.  So I am going to hopefully get it fixed before I go off to my Retreat on Monday.    Thanks everyone for suggestions, and Patty is an awesome dealer--I'll post when it is fixed (I hate rulers--I'm just gonna stick to my INTELLIQUILTER! ) 

I am so pleased--watched the APQS video on timing to see how to simply adjust the Needle bar height --that was what I thought might be the problem--TA DA!  That's all it was! Fixed Millie yesterday,  making this adjustment. Now to get busy and get quilting....

Excellent way to go FLDonna.  Next time you have the needle plate off to clean I suggest you take a couple of minutes and look at  how the needle and hook kiss.  That adjustment is the hardest part of the timing process so why not see it now while your timing is good.  I think the instructions say the needle should slightly deflect but there could be a big difference in how each of us interprets that.  Then when the day comes you have to time (hopefully not for years) you will have a better understanding of the instructions.

Just my two cents 

Nigel

Nigel...that's exactly what I did!  I watched the timing video several times before I worked on her for the first time.  I was away all week at a Retreat,  so I had time in the evening to watch, and watch again ....  Thanks!

Donna 

Archived