Back on the saddle stool :-)

It has been soooooo long since I quilted.  I think the last time I quilted was over 6 months ago, maybe longer.  I can't remember if the twins were born or not but the last quilt I did was for my 3rd granddaughter.  We finally got in our house mid Jan. and I finally have everything unpacked and put where it goes.  I still have some pictures to hang but other than that I'm reasonably happy.  I got my new studio all in order and hubby finally hung some lights for me a couple of weeks ago, then we got company for a week.  It was the first time I had all 5 grandbabies together.  Unfortunately my 2nd granddaughter got sick in the car coming up.  We thought she was just car sick from the 14 hour drive but when my 1st granddaughter and son came down with it 3 days later we knew that wasn't the case.  My 3rd granddaughter came down with it the night before they left.  She just turned 1 in Feb. and she actually puked in the puke bucket every time!!!!!  I was impressed, LOL.  My poor DIL was up all night and then got the bug on their way home but didn't get sick until they pulled into the driveway.  2 days after that Landon came down with it and then my daughter.  4 days after that Scarlett and Nana got it.  There is only 1 man standing and it has been a week since I had it so hopefully Poppi will NOT be getting it!  

Finally our Landon had a heart catherization done on Tuesday and we got the best news ever!  The pressure in his upper chamber is almost normal and they have taken him off oxygen!  We were so excited and happy to have this news.  He still has problems with his mitral valve and will likely have to have another surgery sometime in the future but he really truly is our miracle baby!  

Anyway all that got in the way of my quilting.  I have been dragging my feet all week for some reason and I don't know why.  Today I finally bit the bullet and got a play piece loaded.  I forgot how to turn my stitch regulator on!  LOL  I stitched for about an hour and oh did it feel good.  All my fears are gone and now I can get back in my groove.  I have a quilt that I told a friend I would quilt over a year ago and then my world flipped upside down and sideways.  I'm hoping to get her quilt loaded tomorrow and get moving on it.  Glad to be back.

Heidi

I am glad to see you are up and running or should I say quilting again.  I am sure it is like riding a bicycle.  Your break may have even helped improve your quilting, as you have now learned  how much quilting truly means to you.  I am sure your friend's quilt will turn out lovely.  Take care of yourself, and I hope and pray your family is blessed the rest of the year with good health and prosperity.  

Cagey 

Heidi, so glad to hear you are back in the "saddle stool" again!  And really glad to hear that Landon's catherization showed good results!  After all of your changes in the last months quilting will be good to help you to relax and get back into your "normal" routine...welcome back!

So glad to hear you are back to quilting again and I look forward to all the photos of your beautiful work. I sure can relate to your family flu story. Seems like anytime our kids and grands get together someone shows up with a bug that gets shared all around. We laugh about it at every holiday and have come to expect it as part of the "festivities".  Glad you are settled into your new space and finding your new normal..

Sally

6 hours ago, Sallyquilt said:

So glad to hear you are back to quilting again and I look forward to all the photos of your beautiful work. I sure can relate to your family flu story. Seems like anytime our kids and grands get together someone shows up with a bug that gets shared all around. We laugh about it at every holiday and have come to expect it as part of the "festivities".  Glad you are settled into your new space and finding your new normal..

Sally

Sally I sure hope this is routine.  LOL  I would just love to enjoy the kids and have fun.  Landon has the cold now that my oldest grand shared with me and his mama.  He is not a happy camper.  Scarlett's nose started running today so guess who is next.  Ugh.  My daughter has been so cautious with Landon because of his heart issues.  My other 3 grands seem to be sick a lot.  It is really hard when you have one whose health is compromised and getting an infection of some sort can be way worse for him.  He is a strong little boy though that is for sure!  Here's to hoping the next visit won't be a repeat.  

• 3 weeks later...

Look out quilting world Heidi is back in the saddle once again!!

I know how it feels to want to dive in but something keeps us from doing it.  Just have to hold you breath and jump.

I get that procrastination bug once evey few months or so myself.   I just got over it and finally I willed myself to get busy again.  Happy to hear you are all set up and back in the saddle obce again.

2 hours ago, IBQLTN2 said:

Look out quilting world Heidi is back in the saddle once again!!

I know how it feels to want to dive in but something keeps us from doing it.  Just have to hold you breath and jump.

I get that procrastination bug once evey few months or so myself.   I just got over it and finally I willed myself to get busy again.  Happy to hear you are all set up and back in the saddle obce again.

It is good to be quilting again although I feel so rusty!  Once this quilt is off my frame I'm hoping my creative juices will start to flow.  I find that when I have things I have to get done it stifles my creativity so it was hard when I quilted for customers.  This quilt is taking longer than I had hoped but it is at least pretty to look at.  It is applique which I just love.  I just rolled to the halfway point.  I'm hoping this week I have more quilting hours.  I had to make Easter baskets first.

Archived