NQR - Asking for Prayers

As some of you know my granddaughter is having a baby and I made her this cute little quilt. The quilt is complete because we had a baby shower a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to give it to Kayla, then I would attach the label in May when baby Remy arrives. Yesterday, we found out baby Remy has passed away. My heart is breaking for Kayla and Cody. Kayla already knew the umbilical cord had only one artery and one vein, it is suppose to have two arteries and one vein. Because of the risk of birth defects, they have been monitoring Remy's progress with ultrasounds. They also tested the amniotic fluid for down syndrome. Kayla is a tiny momma, and she posts those side views with the comparison to fruits and veggies to let everyone know the progress. She posted one on Saturday, and she barely looked pregnant. I commented that she didn't even look pregnant. After the terrible news I went back and looked at the pictures 2 weeks before that, and could see a big difference. Kayla had not felt the baby move since Saturday, and yesterday her doctors office called to cancel her appointment. She told them what was going on, and they suggested she eat, and drink something, then sit down and relax. If she did not feel anything, she should "come on in". When my son and daughter-in-law heard this, they both encouraged her to just go in anyway. Kayla was admitted to the hospital, and last night they induced her labor. My daughter is a trained doula, and has been trained in this kind of thing. When she went through this training, we did not realize this was why. Jen is there now, helping Kayla and Cody. Letting them know things they will be allowed to do after Remy is born, that the hospital doesn't always tell you. Anyway, we are waiting now. Waiting for Remy to be born. Waiting for the healing process to begin. Please keep this young couple in your prayers. Also, this was a first grandchild for my son and his former wife, and I know they need your prayers right now too. This is so difficult for everyone.

RemysQuilt.jpg

There has been very little news so far today. Yes, there will be pictures. Since my daughter is trained a Doula, she told Kayla all of the things she can do with the baby. She can bathe the baby, and pictures will be taken. Jen told Kayla to do anything and everything she wants to do, so that years from now there will be no regrets. We really appreciate your prayers. I am not with them, but am at home in KC. I wish I could be there, but I think they may need me more in the days to come. It is just hard sitting here.

Mary Beth, my heart hurts for you and your family.  I can't imagine the process of labor, knowing the outcome.  I would sew that label into the quilt and wrap baby Remy in it snuggly for eternity.  God has his reasons for taking baby Remy home, I know it's hard to understand right now but the answers will come.   My love and prayers goes out to your family in this time of sadness and need.  If you need anything just yell my way.

Mary Beth

As cold as it sounds you just ask the question; "Have you thought about how you are going to wrap Remy with our eternal love?"  Then your going to suggest that you would like to have Remy wrapped in the baby quilt.  Your then going to make your quilt much more than it presently is, because I am going to suggest that in all the white areas on the top, family, friends, and loved ones write words of love to Remy.  I am sure your granddaughter along with the rest of the family knows, "always respect the fabric."  In this case, by writing on the fabric each you are respecting and reminding Remy just how much they were loved the short time shared her on earth.

Then I might suggest you go online, and order a comfort cross http://www.holylandstone.com/crosses-and-crucifixes/comfort-cross for your granddaughter and her husband.  It is something they both can hold to remind them they are always with Remy, and that Remy is always with them.  

My dear friend found great solace with the one I gave at her husband's passing.  She slept with it on his pillow for many months.  Plus it was a great story to share with her later when I explained that I had to speak with and get the Rabi's permission to have the cross place with Phil who was Jewish.  She was Baptist, so the Rabi allowed it as long as it could not be seen with the casket open.  I know the Rabi thought who is this crazy Catholic asking permission to bury a Christian cross with a Jew.  In the end, it helps all of us remember how special Phil was to all of us.

May God guide all of you through this difficult time.  My prayers are with all of you.

Cagey

PM if Holy Land Stone cannot get a cross mailed out to you today or tomorrow.  I can probably get one out to you by close of business if you send me your address.  

Thank you all. Kayla has been at this for more than 24 hours now. She has not been in labor, yet. They have tried a few things to get her to start labor, but nothing has worked. She has a relationship with Jesus Christ and is leaning for support. At this point that is the best thing for her. I don't understand these things. I wish they could do a C-section and get this over with, but I guess they have their reasons. Anyway, your continued prayers and support are very much appreciated.

Archived