NQR - Asking for Prayers

Kayla is home now. She came home at about 9 am this morning. She did okay until they pulled into the driveway, then she went to pieces. We had her baby shower 2 weeks ago. I am sure going into their apartment and seeing all the baby things in the nursery was more than she could stand. I know Kayla will make it though this, so many mommas have. I just wish she didn't have to.

Mary Beth, I am so sorry for your whole family.  I do know what you are and have gone through. 

About 4 years ago my daughter and SIL had a surprise pregnancy and took a bit to be happy with it.  Then at 14 weeks went for an ultrasound so a friend's daughter could get more practice in the schooling.  That was a Tuesday that became filled with multiple appointments and repeated ultrasounds.  Hope was born on the following Sabbath day.  They were in MD and we were in MN so no time to be there for them.  Since I couldn't do anything for them then, I made a quilted box with a zippered top so they could keep Hope's things in it, her hospital bracelet, etc.  I embroidered a verse for the top and one for the inside of the box cover. 

May they have peace as they learn to smile again.

Words can't describe how we feel for you folks right now.  Our heart aches with you.  You said she had a relationship with Jesus and He's who will get her through it.  He said His strength is made perfect through our weakness and that will be put to the test through this and His strength and love will overcome her and she, in time, will get through it.  The little one is with Jesus now and I hope that will bring her a little comfort.  Our prayers will be for all of you.

Mary Beth I am so sorry for your loss I had a daughter that went through this a couple of years ago she was only 3 months,

but it as so hard we worked through it with them. Now we are blessed with a three month old. My thoughts are with you and your family through this difficult time.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. The graveside services will be tomorrow. Not looking forward to tomorrow, but looking forward. Kayla's healing will begin after tomorrow. I have never been through this personally, but Jennifer miscarried at about 2 months, my mom had 2 miscarriages, and they both remember them vividly and Jen gets tears in her eyes when she talks about it. That was more than 10 years ago. I think it doesn't matter how far along you are, for some women, it is a very real relationship with this child. I know Kayla will heal, her faith in God is what she says is getting her through. I am so happy she has that relationship.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. Yesterday was a very difficult day, but the healing has begun. So many people were at the graveside service. We had a luncheon at the church the kids attend before the service. On the way to the cemetery my mom said that they had a really good turn out and that was a big help to those kids. We came over a hill, and the cemetery was full of cars and people. I said, "that was all family, this is the turnout!!" For a weekday, it was amazing to see so many people. I have no doubt these kids will have a great support group. As for your great suggestions for the quilt, I could not talk to Kayla about it. I just didn't trust myself not to break down in front of her and I didn't want to do that. So I talked to my son and former daughter-in-law about it, and they talked to her. My son told her that if she wanted to wrap Remy in the quilt, she could. But she just said she wanted to keep it forever. I let her know I would make a label to go on the quilt and sew it on next time I am there. Again, thank you all for your prayers, they are much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived