Just finished this one

This is a design I learned from Myrna Ficken and I'm not sure why but on this one I start on the right side of the quilt.  You can change those spikes to feathers as well.  I call it bamboo shoots but I guess dragons teeth works too!  Here is a diagram on my dry erase board of the pattern. It is a continuous pattern but I don't try to turn a corner with it as I can't get it to come out right. 

image.jpg

Myrna Ficken taught me that yellow border design 8 years ago when I first got my Millie. She called it 1,2,3's. I had the hardest time doing it. But she helped me and I love and do it all the time!!! Of course I count One, Two ,Three the whole time I'm stitching!!!! The quilt is beautiful!!!!

3 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I have been trying to figure out what to put in a border on a quilt I will be putting on the frame in a few days. Thanks for sharing this, I think it will work perfect.

5 hours ago, delld said:

Myrna Ficken taught me that yellow border design 8 years ago when I first got my Millie. She called it 1,2,3's. I had the hardest time doing it. But she helped me and I love and do it all the time!!! Of course I count One, Two ,Three the whole time I'm stitching!!!! The quilt is beautiful!!!!

Glad to add to everyone's bag of tricks!

Archived