Deciding on a Longarm

Jillann

Hi,

I am a first time blog user so if I'm not doing this right please give me some gentle guidance. I'm considering a longarm machine purchase and leaning toward an APQS Millie. I'm wondering how frequently other owners have encountered problems requiring maintenance of some sort and how difficult it is to do this. Thanks for any responses.

Welcome Jillann

The APQS machines are quite reliable and pretty easy to maintain and service.  The factory encourages you to do your own service and provides excellent detailed instructions when you need to make any repairs.  We have two machines with the newest one being almost twelve years old now and I've done all the service myself.  The factory is also very quick at shipping parts if you ever need them.

Nigel

I've had my machine for 7 years, the first repair was 2 weeks ago.  APQS was very responsive, spent time with me on the phone diagnosing the problem, and the part was shipped the next morning.  super easy to replace.  Taking regular care of the machine is easy and keeps the machine running well.  plus this forum is great for support if needed.

i don't think there was anything in the first four or five years other than thread guides which are a wear item anyway.  They cost less than a dollar and take thirty seconds to change maybe once or twice a year.  The first actual problem was a broken wire to one of the encoders for the stitch regulator (very uncommon I'm told) but I repaired it and the cause in an hour or so and not had that problem again.  Pretty much everything else has been wear items like needlebar bushings, wheels, tension check spring but you will notice the wear and replace at your convenience.  I don't think anything has happened to either machine to stop us from quilting more than a couple of days total in the last eleven years.

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my Millie since 2008 and have only had a few issues that were resolved within a few days. I needed new circuit boards that were easy to replace. It was a problem with a new generation machine I think. You can not go wrong with an APQS machine. They are well made and have a life time warranty. The service is top notch. All of the people on the forum are so very helpful. I have had some small problems that I asked for help here and had the problem solved with all the expertise I could ask for. Go test drive an APQS machine. You'll be hooked! Best of luck!

Archived