When Quilts make it to there forever home.

I Made this quilt a few years ago. I bought a fat quarter bundle at Huston one year of fruits and vegetables I added a few other fat quarters and wanted to make a quilt for my son in law. He has a CSA Vegetable farm where people buy shares in his Crop and he delivers organic vegetable to them through the growing season. I have made him Vegetable printed shirts for a number of years and he wears them proudly. I designed a pattern to utilize my fat quarter to the fullest. I was able to make 4 quilts out of the fat quarters I large Jar quilt a small jar quilt a jig saw baby quilt and a other baby quilts using blocks and  I had a 2" x 3" piece of almost all the Fat quarter left over. I love it when the perfect quilt goes to the perfect person. I was able to show this in the Local Quilt show this year and it was time to send it to its forever home. I know he will love this for a long long time.

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, indoor

37 minutes ago, Sheri Butler said:

That's awesome...and I LOVE the seed packages for the border!

It took me a long time to find a border that framed it properly Sheri. I found a seed packet panel and cut them all apart and added large borders of black then did a bunch of math . I cut them into wonky blocks half going one direction and half going the other direction. I think it is perfect frame. Well worth the effort to see the look on his face.

1 minute ago, quilterkp said:

Wow!  I didn't realize the border involved that much work. Thought you just happened on the perfect fabric.  You are a true artist!

Thank-you I could not find the perfect border so I had to make it I love the small details I know nobody else would be that crazy to do that so It is a one of a kind .LOL

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, T Row Studio said:

It took me a long time to find a border that framed it properly Sheri. I found a seed packet panel and cut them all apart and added large borders of black then did a bunch of math . I cut them into wonky blocks half going one direction and half going the other direction. I think it is perfect frame. Well worth the effort to see the look on his face.

Oh I TOTALLY agree! Sometimes you just have to wait it out...or like me...it will hit me in the middle of the night...I wake up and think...OH OH OH!!! I know EXACTLY what to do on that quilt!  (The things we go thru only highlights our artistry!!!) 

8 minutes ago, Sheri Butler said:

Oh I TOTALLY agree! Sometimes you just have to wait it out...or like me...it will hit me in the middle of the night...I wake up and think...OH OH OH!!! I know EXACTLY what to do on that quilt!  (The things we go thru only highlights our artistry!!!) 

That is exactly when it hits me I have actually gotten up in the middle of the night and jotted down my idea . I do my best designing in the middle of the night. LOL

Archived