Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Genie

Crosshatch

9 posts in this topic

HI,. 

I just noticed your post here, and I don't have an answer for you, but you might find you'll get a quicker response if it is posted in the Chat About Anything section directly or under Techinical advice.  I'm a new longarm quilter, so I'd be interested in hearing the answer too! :D.  The only way I would think to do it is to mark it then stitch it as "W"'s across the available area then advance the quilt.  However, your question makes me wonder if there is a Pantograph available to do this, although I'm think it would be tricky to get it lined up from one pass to the next...  Good luck!  

Kathy :)

2016 APQS Lenni

HQ Sweet Sixteen Sitdown

Janome 6600P

Genie,  Which Machine do you have?  Linda Rech has a ruler that fits most APQS machines. http://topperquilttools.com/index.html. Linda, can you help Genie.

Blissful Quilting until next time…

Judith Washburn

BlissQuilter.com

APQS - Houston, Texas

832-724-6335

Creative Machine Quilting & More

APQS Millennium Blissed with IntelliQuilter

The crosshatch boards with the pop-up from Circle Lord works really well and is a good investment.  I've used mine many times.

Carol

Crosshatching with a computerized system is tough because of fabric draw up and matching each point across the quilt after each roll.  I haven't crosshatched an entire quilt but did crosshatching on a custom quilt surrounding all the blocks. I used a ruler from quilters apothecary made for crosshatching. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow, this is a beautiful quilt. Love the crosshatching, love the feathers.  Great quilting.

LOL. The computerized designs took almost no time. Just the crosshatching took lots and lots of hours!