Parrs or Westalee rulers for George

For all of the George users:  Have you used the quilting rulers (templates) from Parrs or Westalee?  I don't want to order anything until I know they work on the George.  I have the True 1/2" ruler foot, but I didn't know if the 3mm rulers would work.  TIA

Delores;

I use rulers sparingly as I have the small "flip flop" foot, and my year machine does not allow switching feet.  That being said, you may find that if you mark your quilt top with stencils or using other means, you can quilt rather straight lines on George without using rulers.  Cindy Needham has a number of them, that I have grown to love.  I have found that I can pretty much follow my line when I move the quilt top from front to back.  Side to side is a little less accurate, but getting better with more practice. 

Your mind is going to make the lines straight as long as they are relatively straight.  Your brain does the same thing with most any uniform design, as it wants everything to be uniform spaced, straight, curved, etc. .  Even with rulers, I hazard to guess not all lines are perfectly straight from one side of the quilt to the other.  Everyone's mind fixes the imperfections to make them perfect.

Good luck with your ruler work.  Please share with us your treasures you create.

Cagey

Archived