News about Rita

Hi All,

I received an email from Rita's daughter today and Rita went to be with the Lord today.  I pray she is at peace and no longer in pain.  Thank you all who participated in making her special quilt.  I know that quilt gave her joy and comfort.  Rita was the first person to help me when I got an old stretched rotary machine.  She was a wealth of knowledge and helped guide me on how to load it and work on the machine.  I was actually able to meet her in person at Camp Mowana.  The one thing that Rita loved most was quilting.  I pray she is in quilting heaven and enjoying every minute.  I also see her be the practical joker, she loved to be silly like that.  

Himself, Roland, is doing well according to his daughter.    

Oh no. This make me so sad. Rita loved this forum and helping everyone. She always had something to add and was always helpful. I am so sorry that she went through so much illness and know that she is in a better place. I am happy I was able to participate in the quilt project. I pray for Roland, aka Himself. Thank you for letting us know. I have been wondering about her.

Heidi, thank you for sharing this news with us.  I am so sorry for Rita's family and friends, but glad she is not suffering any longer.  So pleased we were able to give her a special quilt when we did.

Prayers for Roland and the rest of Rita's family and friends.

My heart broke when I heard Rita went to be with our Lord.  She loved quilting and everyone in this forum.  Rita could tell a story like no other (remember her last story about her wheelchair and the car).  I took several classes with her but honestly she could teach the courses.  If you didn't know, Rita even got her hubby Roland,  known to us as "himself", into quilting.  If you go back in her posts you may find the pics.  Rita was sick for as long as I knew her so it does help to know that here COPD and other pain is now gone.  She is now with our Lord, probably making quilts of gold as I type.  Thank you all for making her a comfort quilt and those that kept her in their prayers.  Please continue praying for "himself" and her family as they celebrate Rita's life and continue on knowing that they will meet her again.

So Sorry to hear that!! May she be at peace now.  I met Rita and himself a few years back in Milwaukee at a quilt show. Had a wonderful time! She was a special lady with a great sense of humor. She will be sadly missed here on the forum.  My thoughts & prayers continue for the family.

I Just saw this last night and although it makes me sad we have to know Rita has been set free. My wholehearted condolences to her family and they are in my prayers! I am so thankful she received a loving quilt from her forum friends. She blessed us!!!!

Even though I've known Rita was in a lot of pain and not feeling well for years, I was hoping that she'd get better.  Yet it gives me comfort to know that we made her last days a little more special with our cards, thoughts and prayers, and the comfort quilt. She had a wonderful sense of humor.  I loved reading her posts, especially about Himself, and her emails.  May her memory be eternal.

Archived