2nd Custom Quilt with IQ

Just finished my 2nd custom quilt with IQ.  It is Deck the Halls by Claudia's Creations.  The redwork is done with the Deck the Halls machine embroidery CD, The quilting is all done by IQ.  I had this posted in Computer Aided Quilting but Gator thought I should post it here too so more people would see it.  I added IQ in July 2016 and am loving it so far!  I learned so much on this quilt but don't get much time to quilt on my own stuff, and do mostly panto's for customers, so I hope I can retain some of what I learned by the time I get to custom quilt again! 

Thanks for looking!

Robin in MT

Deck the Halls.jpg

Fireplace.jpg

flower.jpg

Thanks gals,

Yes, I did use the echo feature around the ornaments.  I did the spiral transition.  First I did one echo at .10 distance which did the closer outlining stitch around the embroidery and then I added the rest of the echo lines at .35 apart.   I should have done .25 apart, but I split the jump stitches and combined the patterns for less backtracking and it seemed like .35 made for a lot less splitting and combining of echo lines. 

Robin in MT

Thanks everybody for your kind words!

Nancy, the pattern is Deck the Halls by Claudia's Creations and I pretty much followed her pattern.  She did hers with all red fabric, but I had a stash of Sentiments by Moda that I was dying to use so I did red and green.  I'm so happy it is all done and will be ready to hang up in my dining room at Christmas time!

Robin in MT

Archived