ISO older Millennium, Freedom, Lucey or other 26" +

A little background.  I already own an ULT 1--I LOVE the machine, BUT, there are a few things I would LOVE to have--SR, laser light, upgraded wheels. I have received some very good advice from Jim and Zeke here on the board(thank you).  Before I go down the path of upgrading my ULT, I thought I'd see if anybody has or knows of someone who has an older Millie, Freedom, or Lucey.  The reason I say "older" is that I am retired and do not have a lot of disposable income so price does come into play.  I do not quilt for others---only for myself and charity. I am willing to drive within a day from Colorado Springs, CO--12 hours at the most.  Obviously, I'd prefer 4-6 hours and the states surrounding Colorado. I don't need all the "extras" that come many times with machines, i.e. thread, panto's, etc.  Although that would be nice, I realize that just adds cost to the machine. As I see it, I have several options:

1.  Get the upgrades mentioned above for my ULT---I already have the size table I want plus I have fabric advance on the table now.  By adding the SR, laser, new wheels, I would have about $3500 more into the machine.  Not sure this is a wise use of money, but I am kind of attached to this machine as the ULT is such a workhorse.  I do well without SR, and realize that most of the time I probably would not need to run the SR,  but there are a few times that SR would be really convenient to have.

2.  Find someone who LOVES their table, but would be willing to sell me their Millie, Freedom, or Lucey machine head ---of course, I would need the needed encoders etc.

3.  Sell my machine, and put that $$ toward an upgrade of a Millie, Freedom, or Lucey. I don't have room for a 14 ft. table--12ft. is pushing it with the fabric advance, but I could make it work.

4.  And as a LAST resort, sell my machine and put that money toward a different brand machine.  My first choices for other brands are Innova, Nolting, but I'd entertain a Gammill, A-1, or Prodigy(as long as they are at least 26" throat or more).

I have found some machines, but most are completely out of my budget, are 20+ hours away by car, or I have been "a day late" as the saying goes.

If anybody has or knows of anyone with a machine(or might in the future) that might fit my parameters, please PM me the information.   I'm willing to wait for the "right" machine to come my way, although I'd like to work on upgrading my ULT or finding a machine within the next several months.

If anybody has words of wisdom of what they might do, I'm all ears.  I vacillate from one day to another:  one day I think I'll just upgrade my ULT and then other days, I think it might be "wiser" and more prudent to upgrade all the way around. At the "getting up there in age" stage of life that I am in, I won't be upgrading again in my lifetime once I find the "perfect" machine for me---whether that be by upgrading my ULT or acquiring another machine.

Thanks so much.

Another possibility may be to trade your head on a certified used machine and keep your table. I believe Valerie (pumpkinpatchquilter) did this a couple of years ago.  I know she thought about adding a stitch regulator for quite a while before going this route.  Either shoot her a personal message or inquire at APQS.  When I looked a few days ago there weren't any CPO machines at this time but stock is always changing.

Nigel

I have a 2005 Millie with a 12"table for sale.  It also comes with an Intelliquilter.  I am asking $18,000 which be more than you want to spend.  I am not willing to separate them but you could consider purchasing both and then reselling the Intelliquilter.  I live in central Illinois.

Charlene

Thanks, Charlene for the offer.  You are right, this is more than what I can or want to spend.  And even though an Intelliquilter might be great to have, it would prove to be one extra thing that I would have to sell, and my ULT might be hard enough to sell with everybody(including me) thinking they need to have a SR. B)

Still looking for an older Lucey, Freedom or Millennium(in that order).  Might consider un-stitch regulated Lucey or Freedom if price is right. Have 5-6K to spend for complete system. If you are upgrading, please let me know. Would prefer NOT to go outside a 12 hr. radius from Colorado Springs, CO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are listed on Longarm university

Machine: APQS Millennium, 12 foot table
Price: $7,900
This machine is the top of the APQS line of long arm quilting machines. It is suitable for personal or business quilting use - it runs beautifully and it has been well maintained with smooth, new wheels and a brand new motor. The 12 foot table will quilt a king size quilt. One of the best characteristics about this 2004 “Millie” (26 inch throat) is that I can always count on having perfect thread tension and I can use all the pretty threads. As anyone who quilts knows, this is wonderful. Include are - motorized feed of fabric, automatic needle positioner, stitch length regulator, finger touch controls for all functions, adjustable ergonomically designed handles, lower thread cutter, dual electric channel locks, built in laser pointer, built in bobbin winder, front or back operation florescent lighting. For photos Click Here Purchaser is responsible for take down, pick up, transportation, re-assembly and all related costs.
Posted 5-30-17 to be removed 9-30-17

Machine: APQS Millennium, 14 foot table
Price: $17,500
Price Reduced to: $15,950!!!
Price Reduced Again to: $13,500!!!

This APQS Millennium machine was purchased in 2012 and was used in my quilt shop until my quilter retired in 2015. The machine is in excellent condition and has been well maintained. The machine comes with a 14 foot table and attached motorized fabric advance with foot pedal control, removable micro handles, needle up and down, stitch regulator, dual magnetic channel locks, and adjustable laser stylus for use with pantographs. Also included -- a stand-alone bobbin winder and 3 dozen metal bobbins, 4 bobbin cases, 20 packs assorted needles, 3 extra feet, ruler base and ruler, user guidebook, and all my extra cones of thread. For photos Click Here This machine can be delivered in the Boise, Idaho area only. Otherwise, purchaser responsible for take down, pickup, transportation, re-assembly and all associated costs.
Posted 3-19-17 to be removed 7-19-17

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, quilterkp said:

Well, don't keep us in suspense!  What did you get?  So excited for you.

:) It's a 2007 Millennium. I was all set(pretty much phone in hand) to call Nolting and make arrangements to have a SR put on my ULT and then slowly upgrade other things i.e. front handles, etc., when the ad on this site for the "storm sale Millie" popped up. I immediately contacted the person posting the listing and she sent me pictures and we conversed.  She didn't want to mess with "clean, service, and repair(if need be), and insurance gave her enough to order a new machine. The room where the machine lived had the windows blown out, so it had some dried on mud/dirt.  Not bad at all in my opinion. She did turn the machine on and it powered up and she ran a few stitches and sent the video.

I called and sent pictures to Dave Jones---he said "buy it". so I did.  I had Dave pick it up, clean it up, run diagnostics, and deliver to me---it was well worth every penny that he charged to do that as I didn't have to make arrangements for renting a truck/trailer or shipping, worry about clean up,  take time to go get the machine, etc.   I was willing to take a chance.

The only thing that is "iffy" are the encoders----I will use the machine until they "croak", and then I'll have those replaced. I'm only going to run the SR when I absolutely have to. By having the ULT without SR, I was pretty much able to control my stitches.

I am thrilled to have found a machine that I could afford, my Ult is in a new home, and I'm sure this will be the last machine I ever own(unless I would ever be lucky enough to win one in a giveaway). I am hoping and praying that this decision will prove to be the right one for me, as anything above of about $1000 in cost and to pay in cash, makes me shake in my boots. But, I know APQS stands behind their machines, even though I am no longer the original owner, plus, I'm familiar with the machine.

I believe that prayer helped, and I "just happened" to be on the computer at the right time!  So that's it---my "new(er) to me machine. Now, to REALLY start playing!!!!

IMG_2856 (Copy).JPG

3 minutes ago, quilterkp said:

That is one good looking machine!  So happy you found it.  Who is Dave Jones?

Dave Jones is Deloa Jones' husband.  He travels all around the US servicing machines, delivering machines, etc.  He also will cut down a table if it's too big for your space, etc.  With my original ULT, he picked up my machine, serviced it, cut down my table, added quilt advance, added ruler foot, delivered it, set it up, etc.

quilterkp, I am located in NW Florida and am considering selling my 2009 Millie. It has very low hours but is mounted on the 10' table with casters. Would include the Hartley table for ruler work. Contact me at mmsuno@aol.com or 713-582-3938 if interested. It won't be available until around the end of this year or the beginning of next year.

Archived