Needle up down not working consistently and needle stop position

PaulineEB

Hi I need help with mums 2008 Millie.  The needle up and down will not work each time consistently or at all.I have done the adjustment to the 8 screw at the rear of the machine.  I can get it too work a couple times.  Then a few minutes later it won't work at all or it bunny hops.  The bunny hopping doesn't happen everytime but sometimes it starts on its own if I bump one button.  I have checked that all connections are in properly.   The needle doesn't always stop in the correct up or down position but somewhere in between.

I have been able to do this adjustment on my own freedom machine without any problems but adjusting the 8 screw doesn't fix the problem on the Millie.

If the needle doesn't always stop in the correct position it is not a number 8 screw problem.  I suggest calling the factory and see what they suggest.  My understanding of the number 8 screw adjustment is it only changes the needle up/down speed (too fast it over runs the stop and keeps cycling and too slow you get old waiting for it) but when the needle stops it should always be in the same spot.

Please let us know the solution when you get it fixed.

Nigel

Nigel, Thanks for the confirmation about the 8 screw, thats what I thought as well.

I will send email to apqs today.  I'm in Brisbane Australia so th time difference makes it hard to talk to someone at the factory by phone. My Apqs dealer is away at the moment.  I Posted the question here on the off chance someone else might have had something similar happen to their machine. 

Following this topic as I'm experiencing a similar problem. My Millie will occasionally sew on its own. I know when it's going to do it but have no control over it. Sometimes if I wiggle the encoder plugs it will stop for awhile. Sometimes when I hit the stop button it will continue to stitch 3-4 more stitches before stopping. And I've not touched the number 8 screw as I don't think that's the problem. Any ideas?

I don't know much about APQS's regulator system, but I've had a similar problem with my Intellistitch equipped Gammill.  Could not figure out the cause.  We decided it probably involved the single stitch switch.  I replaced one or two switches, but eventually the problem would reappear.  I finally looked closely at the plug in terminals on the switch and decided they might be too close together.  I bent them to provide more clearance and the problem has gone away. 

Now the switches are different between the Intellistitch and the APQS, but they might just act in the same fashion.  Take a look at the switch's connection and make sure they're not too close together.  Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

UPDATE for problem on the Millie's needle up/down problem.    Amy and Angie at the service department have been great. After emails back and forward and lots of checking of different things a new circuit board was sent out to us here in Australia.  Millie is now working great again.  The detailed instruction were a great help.  Ann if your machine still has similar problems contact the service department and they can run you through what to check and get it sorted quickly.

Archived