Collage quilt samples for Satellite Class

Here are a few more Collage projects I just finished . I am teaching and have the opportunity to offer this technique through a satelite class hosted by Sharon Blackmore of Love Shack Quilts,  if you are interested here is the link ( https://www.loveshackquilts.ca/product-page/terry-s-collage-workshop-satellite ). I will give you preparation videos to be ready for the class on Sept 30th, Then she will video me though out the day with tips on how to get started, cutting tips, eye options, finishing your project to be able to hang it. I encourage to jump out of your box and create a one of a kind project. The videos will be live so you will be able to ask questions as I am being videoed. The videos stay on the facebook page so you will be able to go back and watch them over and over or watch at a later date if you are busy that day. Or if you are in the Airdrie Alberta area I would love to teach you in person. This is a fun and freeing process once you get going you can have a lot of fun. 

18716676_1382642405163251_1858515634_n.jpg?oh=e68e68000d61d090dfd513404fed9cc3&oe=59293561

Image may contain: plantImage may contain: plant and outdoor

No automatic alt text available.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:26 AM, Sheri Butler said:

US Dollars would be $33.48, but no link to US dollars in purchase. Love that paypal is offered!!!!!!

I made the pincushion smaller and like them better as a wall hanging.  You could check with the designer Laura Heine she has a shop in Montana called Fiberworks for the pattern or your local quilts shops might have them

3 hours ago, SWall said:

Those are awesome! Love the squirrel especially. How big are these quilts?

Sharon they are bigger than I like to make the giraff is about 50" tall the squirel is 60" in the pattern I shrunk mine to about 36" and the bear is about 20 long.

Terry;

You did a great job teaching, as she produced a nice looking fox.  Looking at the design, it appears that you thought them to cut out the different flowers in her case and placed it on a black background.  Is that how you did it?

Cagey

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Terry;

You did a great job teaching, as she produced a nice looking fox.  Looking at the design, it appears that you thought them to cut out the different flowers in her case and placed it on a black background.  Is that how you did it?

Cagey

She wanted to have it outlined so I showed her how to put the black strips on the detail lines and collage between them to leave the line showing . You do not want to put onto a black background and add another layer over the entire piece.

Archived