Can anyone pleeeeeze help me.  I love this one particular thread.  I called it magic thread because it blended with absolutely EVERYTHING!  It was the ugliest color ever when you looked at in on the spool, but it just melted into the fabric.  I could use it with pink, blue, black, red, purple, orange....seriously, it coordinated with everything.  I remember the color number was 887 or 878, and it was kind of a mixture of pea green and gold in color.  Sorry, I know that's a horrible description, but the actual color is very hard to describe.  I ran out about a month ago, and of course threw away the old spool core, so don't have it for reference.  Went to my local LA supply shop where I always purchased it (usually 4 at a time, so it's been a while since I was at the shop).  The shop was out of business!  Oh nooooooo.  Now where will I get my magic thread.  I've looked under Permacore, and Omni and can't find a color match.  I thought it was Permacore or something that sounds like that.  They carried another thread line that just had a large "A" in the label.  Do you know how hard it is to do a Google search for "A thread"?  You get everything imaginable. 

If anyone can decipher my ramblings and knows just what thread I'm talking about and where I can buy it, please please please let me know. 

If you don't know the exact thread that I'm talking about, but you use one that does the same thing -- magically blends with absolutely everything -- I'd be happy to get that information as well. 

In advance -- TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY!!!

Hi Lora.  Don't you hate when that happens!  I did a bit of a search and found this but your numbers provided don't match, but though I'd send it along.  This is a company that makes Perma Core Quilters Select thread and also a few others like Signature and they have an A&E associated with them.  http://www.seewhatmaterializes.com/brands/perma-core-qe/.  Good luck with your search.  I hope you are able to find what you're looki for.  BTW, is it a 100% cotton thread or a polyester?

Lora, I think I have some of that thread (not the color you need). Inside the spool it says 3A thread and A Sew-It-All. It is a sun polyester made in Taiwan. I have had it for a long time and if I remember correctly, I bought it to use in my serger. I also use it on my DMS but I can't remember if I've used it on my long arm. 

I did a search and came up with this site ... http://www.us3a.com

I hope this helps.

Also, I use Superior Thread's OMNI  color 3062 - Creek Bed - a lot. It blends nicely and sort of looks like the color you are describing.

Lora, I don't have an answer to your search, but I have been wondering about one myself.  Years ago there was a thread that was called "baby poop" that went with everything.  Does anyone know the real name of this thread and the brand/maker?

11 minutes ago, JBQuilts said:

Years ago there was a thread that was called "baby poop" that went with everything.  Does anyone know the real name of this thread and the brand/maker?

I don't remember the color or number, but I do remember it was a Signature thread. 

Hi Lora,

Has the Quilted Rose closed?  I can't remember the brands of thread that they carried as it has been ages since I was in there so I am not much use there.  As mentioned I believe that you are looking for baby poop green, a much mentioned colour in the past!  I have been looking through some of my color cards in case I have different cards to yours and came up with a few possibilities.

Glide # 65825 - kind of olive colour, # 60616 greeny gold.

Isacord #s 0352, 0232 & 0442

Superior So Fine # 449, Fantastico 2078 & 2079.  I have a vague recollection of getting an e-mail from Superior that they were discontinuing a thread.  It may have been Fantastic, not sure.

I know that you said that you couldn't find the right colour in Omni but if you have the thread card what about #s 3063 and 3064?  Superior put out printed charts in addition to the actual thread ones and the colours are often way off in the printed version IMHO.

The only company that I can think of that begins with A is Amman and they make several different threads.

Hope that you either find the thread you have been using or a good substitute.

Good luck.

Correction:  Sorry the Superior thread is Magnifico, not Fantastico!

Oh my, thank you all for such wonderful help.  At my age I never thought I would be looking for baby poop again.  lol.  Is that the real name of the thread color.  How hilarious.  Thanks for making me laugh and giving me resources to keep looking. 

Yes, The Quilted Rose is where I used to get the magic thread and they closed a few years ago.  :(

Okay, going to do some homework and research on threads now.  Thanks you guys!!! 

1 hour ago, loraquilts said:

Oh my, thank you all for such wonderful help.  At my age I never thought I would be looking for baby poop again.  lol.  Is that the real name of the thread color.  How hilarious.  Thanks for making me laugh and giving me resources to keep looking. 

Yes, The Quilted Rose is where I used to get the magic thread and they closed a few years ago.  :(

Okay, going to do some homework and research on threads now.  Thanks you guys!!! 

How sad that the Quilted Rose closed. I had never been there but I heard many good things about it. 

I believe the name of the thread from Signature might have been Mother Goose, but I'm not sure. It was a long time ago that I read about the "baby poop" color thread.

12 hours ago, Sue E. said:

Lora, I think I have some of that thread (not the color you need). Inside the spool it says 3A thread and A Sew-It-All. It is a sun polyester made in Taiwan. I have had it for a long time and if I remember correctly, I bought it to use in my serger. I also use it on my DMS but I can't remember if I've used it on my long arm. 

I did a search and came up with this site ... http://www.us3a.com

I hope this helps.

Also, I use Superior Thread's OMNI  color 3062 - Creek Bed - a lot. It blends nicely and sort of looks like the color you are describing.

Sue, I looked at the website you mentioned and there is a thread color with the number 887 and it looks like it might even be the right color.  Best part is that they are just in Los Angeles, so next time I'm up there, I'll stop in and buy a case of the thread.  Only problem with the website was that I couldn't find a way to place an order on it.  I did send them an email though requesting information on how to buy directly from them.  Thanks sooooooo much!!!   :D

I'm also going to look up a few of the other threads mentioned -- like the baby poop from Superior and some of the Omni threads.  I already have the entire Glide line and the magic color isn't in there.  I love the Glide threads, just need one in the magic color.  

Being newer to long arming than some of you, I have never heard of the magic baby poop color. (Kinda scratching my head now that I have heard :blink: ) I have to check this out because I do a lot of scrap quilts and sometimes it would be very handy to have a magic thread that blends with everything.  Think I want to go wash my hands..............:D

9 hours ago, quiltmonkey said:

If I recall, it's sage green = baby poop. Sage green is a good all around color that blends with a lot of fabrics. In fact, I'm running low and will be ording some more baby poop sage green. 

Shana what brand of thread are you using in Sage green?

On 5/30/2017 at 7:19 PM, MaryQuiltsTx said:

Being newer to long arming than some of you, I have never heard of the magic baby poop color. (Kinda scratching my head now that I have heard :blink: ) I have to check this out because I do a lot of scrap quilts and sometimes it would be very handy to have a magic thread that blends with everything.  Think I want to go wash my hands..............:D

:D:D

Archived