Shout Out About Sheridan Kay Quilting

I just wanted to post praising Sheridan Kay Quilting.   She is a very customer-oriented lady and does something that no other LA vender has offered to me. She allowed me to meander a  small quilt to see how I liked the machines and the process of LA quilting.   She didn't charge me for this.   However, after the quilt was completed, I signed up for a certification class.   She will be seeing more of me.  Not everyone has as long as wait as I will for their longarm so may just do quick doodling on a sample at various shops.   Doing a small quilt is actually better BECAUSE you see right away how certain repetitive processes work.   By actually quilting a small quilt, I now KNOW that I want electronic  channel locks.  This is knowledge I would not have gained from just doodling.  She also walked me through the maintenance process prior to quilting, which is pretty pain free.   If anyone near Hendersonville, NC plans on buying a longarm, I highly recommend checking out Sheridan's shop.

I also got the opportunity to meet the fabulous Sharon Denning!   We had lunch and chatted a bit.   She is lots of fun and full of great information.

I can honestly second everything quilterkp is saying. I found and met Sheridan 4 years or so ago. She was kind, knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. Buying a LA is not something you do on a whim, and I'm so very thankful that I found her. When I first met Sheridan, I knew that I wanted an APQS Millie, but I couldn't afford one nor did I have the space at the time. She recommended that I test drive George because up to that point most of my quilting had been done on a HDM. I fell in love with George and purchased him through Sheridan in June of 2015. To make a long story short, my husband and I decided to sell our home in order to purchase a larger home in order for me to start a home based quilting business. I sold George and bought Millie in December of 2016. I am now in the process of starting my own business "Stitchin Cricket Quilt Designs." Without Sheridan's knowledge and patience, I don't think my dream would have been realized this soon. Thank you APQS for having such a wonderful representative as Sheridan, and thank you Sheridan for being such a wonderful individual whose love for quilting not only shows in your work, but also in your kindness toward those of us who continue to learn and advance in our LA quilting journey.

Happy Quilting,

'

17 hours ago, quilterkp said:

By actually quilting a small quilt, I now KNOW that I want electronic  channel locks.  This is knowledge I would not have gained from just doodling.  

Good decision. I had a Millie before, but when I bought the machine I had now, my idea was that I would not be quilting for customers, and I would not need a new machine. I opted for the Freedom aka Freddie. I love my machine, I love bliss. My machine moves so easy, it is just unbelievable. Everyone said, "Oh, you don't really need channel locks." Um, yes I do, lol. I realize now, that I used them a lot. There are a lot of times that I used them, that I cannot do now. I can do a horizontal channel lock, but I have to walk around to the back, and turn the knob to lock it down. I kind of wish I had a Millie. Maybe someday. 

I am happy you all have found a great APQS dealer, she sounds like a good one!!

Sheridan is my Intelliquilter dealer and all that was said about her is true!  She is professional, knowledgeable, and kind.  She goes to great lengths to answer any and all questions.  I feel very lucky to have her!  

Carol

Archived