I can't believe I did this

ValerieJ

You guys!

Most of you probably see this all the time, but it is the first time for me and The Beast. This is the bottom edge and corner of the quilt I am finishing today, I hope. I stole a few minutes before work to baste down the last edge so it is ready when I get another few minutes for the last pass.

I float my tops. If I have been very, very good while piecing, the top edge of the quilt might look this good, but to be able to lock The Beast horizontally and stay between 1/4" and 1/8" all the way across only 10" from the last quilted pass without tugging or pulling has never happened before. All. The. Way. Across. The. Final. Edge!

You are the only ones who will understand why I am grinning and patting myself on the back.

5465CA14-B22F-4CE2-9035-1B657AE112C4.JPG

9A752BC5-8C14-41EA-8BB2-4E7E98FD9973.JPG

Hi, Sue. Thanks. Now if I could just get The Beast to cooperate and play nice. I unstitched almost as much as I stitched yesterday After having so much fun on the first 3/4s of the quilt.

I'm at 19th Ave and Thunderbird. I thought you were in Scottsdale. We met a couple years ago, I think, when you were demo'ing Accuquilt Go! At 35th Ave Sew and Vac. Or did I mix up Sues?

16 hours ago, ValerieJ said:

I'm at 19th Ave and Thunderbird. I thought you were in Scottsdale. We met a couple years ago, I think, when you were demo'ing Accuquilt Go! At 35th Ave Sew and Vac. Or did I mix up Sues?

I don't think you mixed up your "Sues". I used to teach at 35th Ave Sew & Vac. I taught the AccuQuilt classes. I sent you a PM. Maybe we can get together one of these days.

Yes! We definitely will need to get together. I shall email you soon.

And just so this is still all quilting related, The Beast and I wrangled a bit over the finishing of this quilt, but I love longarming though I don't spend near enough time doing that, so I was reasonably patient and the last 18 inches square The Beast gave in and let me finish without a break. I am getting pretty good at tying off and burying threads.

And now the binding is nearly finished. Even though the quilt was so surprisingly square and even, I didn't feel comfortable attaching the binding with The Beast (a 1997 Ultimate Ii with no stitch length, needle up/down or any other bell or whistle), so I have stitched all that on my sweet Featherweight. I must say, I will never doubt Sharon Shamber again. I thought it was a bit too much to glue-baste the front of the binding down as she suggests instead of pinning, but I tried it this time and I am a believer!

Quilt On!

Archived