PIGS

victoriasews

I love both terms and this is the first I have heard either of them....:P:P:P

I have to go count mine but I know I have them somewhere in the high thirty-somethings. I have to tell my Guild about this and maybe we can

accomplish something together for a HUGE show-n-tell. I know I am not alone when it comes to PIGS or PIPS......:P:P I love this!!

Renae

I have been worring myself sick here....I have found out today that I not only have UFO's, PIGS and now PIPS, but to futher mess me up is the STABLE. This too I have.......could open my own store....I am so doomed here. Maybe I just need to crawl back into bed and it will all pass. OR better yet I should get my hinny in gear and finish a bunch of this stuff. :D

:P:P:P:P:P I'm in the same boat you are Bonnie....I haven't heard of STABLE either. I'M DOOMED!!! :P:P:P:P My studio looks like a LQS and my clients come in and ask if I have the fabric for sale :P:P of course I don't! I just tell them that is my stash and they get this crazy look on their faces like I am just plain NUTS!! :P:P

Do you know that there are actually people that believe that stables with pigs, pips, and ufos are bad things? I've been reading a book by Peter Walsh called "Its All Too Much" and he thinks we need to do away with a lot of our stash. I totally agree with him about all the stuff in the kitchen, the garage, and our bedroom, but the stable in my sewing room and the pigs and pips gathered around my recliner must be exempt!

Everytime I come home from the quilt shop (with packages in hand) my husband also says......." and I don't think we had any of that in the house!". Seems everytime one the children moves out I gradually take over their room with more fabric and quilting supplies......at least I'm happy:D

I just cleaned my sewing room yesterday and boy do I wish I had taken pictures before. It looks so tidy now that I hardly want to mess it up. I have a huge tub with PIGS in it and several plastic containers. All my PIGS in the plastic tub are in zippered bags tho, either sweater bags from the Dollar Tree or recycled bedsheet zip bags. Not sure what I should call them.

I'm going on a guild bus trip this Saturday..........the Illiana Shop Hop and told my DH that If I come home with fabric, it's something I really, really need!

Judy's blog makes me want to photgraph all mine also. Maybe I will and then put a big checkmark on the photo when it's finished.

I am reducing my stash 2" at a time. since I don't peice in general I just have a token stash. I started out intending to make things and somewhere along the line realized that peicing is not my thing. I only takes up 3 tubs, and 1 & 1/2 dressers....oh yeah and then there are the UFOs over at my Mom's waiting to be put together.....Hey! My stash isn't so token after all!!

All of you dear ladies are such a hoot! I'm shoveling out my guest room to make room for company next week. What an ordeal! I'm up past my eyes with my stable full of pigs and pips and other acronym critters. If my DH only knew, then he'd throw it all out.....then what? SEX to replace it all?

We had a dear family member pass away over the summer and some other stuff like a broken arm on the football son, etc. so I have been doing a lot of "retail therapy". I've become very good at hiding it all....so good that I forgot that it made it into the guest room (stable) with the other pigs and pips. I guess I should start a list of my squirreled away pigs & pips until that magic sewing room appears.

Have a great day!

I just got to thinking....if I shoveled out my studio and got a bit organized (nasty word) I bet I could get some more PIGS, PIPS, and STABLE into it and no one would notice. Now everyone does because when the stuff starts to fall off the cutting table they have to walk around it. Well, I guess I will start that when school starts, will have time while GD is in school and no one to interupt me.

• 3 weeks later...

I am taking a break from cleaning my sewing room, AKA family room, to make room for the Milli that is to arrive tomorrow AM. Bonnie said she needed a shovel. I am sure mine needs a backhoe, maybe a little bobcat would fit through the door. I am finding projects that I can barely remember getting. I even have some of my Mother's stash. I am sure that I could open my own fabric store. Since I am removing the PIGs and putting them in large plastic bins I will no longer have the PIGS. But that STABLE will still be around. I need to get back to the cleaning. I still have to move the L shaped sofa (with a queen bed in it) as that is where the 14 foot table will go. To do that I need to move the cutting table, sewing machine desks, all those bins I have been filling... Well you get the picture. At least the ski machine is out of the way. Too bad, it made a great place from which to hang items.

Archived