Just finished this book....

SandraC

Try "My Sister\'s Keeper" by Jodi Piccoult (SP?) But only if you have a whole box of tissues on hand at the end.

I loved both of "The Secret Life of Bees" and "Water for Elephants". I listened to all these on audiobook (because who has time to read when we are quilting), and the narrators were all very good.

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

OMGoodness, I could give you a list of books to read! Yes, "The Secret Life Of Bees" is an excellent read, so is "Water For Elephants". I have read most of the Diana Gabaldon "Outlander" series. Read them a long, long time ago. Interesting that they are making a come-back. (Read them in the '90s) Two books I highly recommend are by Alan Brennert, they are "Honolulu" and "Moloka'i". Both are set from a woman's perspective on Hawaiian history.(I hope that he writes more!) I asked myself, how could a man write from a woman's perspective? However, Mr. Brennert certainly did a very good job. Excellent reads! Love, love most books by Jodi Picoult. I am now reading a book entitled " Inside Of A Dog: What A Dog Sees, Smells, and Knows" by Alexandra Horowitz. If you ever wondered about the world your dog lives in, this is a book for you! What could be a dry scientific book, is written with humor and practicality for an easy read. I am seeing the dogs around me in a whole new light! A friend once said to me, "Do you ever look into their eyes, and wonder who is in there?" Yes, and now I am seeing the world more from their perspective. Explains a lot! Cheers!

Archived