Question about Milleneum and Sewing Table

I am considering a long arm but I do enjoy the traditional method of machine quilting...I was considering a George, but I don\'t like the orientation of the machine head---Would prefer the orientation of a long arm, with sewing head facing me. And then I saw this picture on the APQS website with a seated sewer using the Milleneum with my preferred orientation, moving the fabric with her hands!

http://apqs.com/photosm6.htm

I almost fell off my chair...Is this a custom table, and is it a permanent installation? Do tell....

I don\'t see any reason why a Millie coudn\'t be set in a table, and used like George.. the machine doesn\'t know if it\'s moving, unless its in SR mode.. and it doesn\'t know if it\'s rolling or sitting solid.. Don\'t know about the table.. you\'d probably have to get one made, or make one yourself, to make it go. Call AP@S and ask them about it.. They should know.

Best of luck on the quest..

RitaR

Hi DMS

APQS developed the table you saw in the picture about 4 years ago. It is a convertible table in that you can use it just like a regular longarm table with rollers to load your fabric and it has rails for the stitch regulator to work or you can fold it down like the picture shows and use it without the stitch regulator.

I\'m not sure if APQS are still making them but they may have one or two hanging around or there might be someone on this list who\'d like to sell theirs.

Good luck

sue in australia

Archived