All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Ellenwittwer

Microquilter thread by Superior

Yes, Microquilter is 100wt where Bottom Line is 60 wt. I don’t know if it works in the bobbin
  3. quiltmonkey

Dragging

My power cord is heavy and sometimes it hangs up on something (another cord, the carriage, etc) I try to pull the power cord out into the center of the table.
  4. quiltmonkey

Base extender drag

Yes, there is a "delicate but firm pressure" to apply while using a ruler/template. If you push too hard down it will cause more drag. Experiment with a firm amount of pressure to keep the ruler in place, but not pushing down too much.
  5. quiltmonkey

Base extender drag

Yes, this is what I did and it fixed that problem.
  6. quiltmonkey

Is Microquilter thinner than Bottom Line? Does it work well in the bobbin?
  7. judyb2

Base extender drag

Thank you for this information, i am noticing a lot of drag all the time the extender base is on, guess I’m just not used to it. Might be pressing down on temple too hard. any ideas will help.
  8. Yesterday
  9. Those are the same kind of needles I used, but I was using a thinner thread, which may have made a difference. Also, keep your sandwich "not too tight" between the rollers. Using spray silicone or Sewer's Aid on the thread may help. If your needle is getting clogged with adhesive, you can keep a spare in a small bottle of rubbing alcohol and swap them - the alcoholwill dissolve the gunk. Moving a little faster may help - your machine has more "horsepower" if the needle is moving faster. If these suggestions don't help, you may want to talk to APQS Service and see if they can help you out. Or post on the We Love APQS Facebook page - there are lots of experienced quilters there.
  10. I’m using the Groz-Beckett 110/18 4.0. Is this the same? I use glide thread all the time I can’t roll up the collage at all! It’s so stiff, it’s like cardboard.
  11. What size needle are you using? I recently quilted a collage quilt that was so stiff I couldn't roll or fold the top. It quilted up very nicely, using MR4.0 needles and So Fine #50. No skipped stitches, no needle breaks, no problems at all, except for the one leaf I didn't see, which we quilted while the customer watched.
  12. I have had a similar problem on my regular sewing machine with sewing through several layers of steam a seam. I used "sewers aid" on the needle and it resolved the problem. I have not done this on my Millie . I'm assuming this would not hurt Millie however maybe some else on the list has tried this on their Millie and can speak to whether it might work?
  13. Second time trying to free-motion (Millie) a collage top where the customer has used steam-a-seam and I can only stitch very slow and only go forward or to the right. Going backwards, stitches will skip. But if I’m stitching forward then need to turn right (outlining a nose for example) my needle will break and I will get a small tear in the backing! I’m going very very slow The collage may have up to four layers of Steam-a-seam. I would like to finish quilting this top, what can I do to stop the needle breaking (hopefully no more holes in the backing)? I have no problem when customers use either wonder-under or Soft Fuse. Lynda Millie since 2014
  14. Sorry - Life got busy and I didn't get to check the forums :) This machine is still available for sale. I am sorry to see it go but we are switching our garage to a teen hangout and need the space as our kids grow. Feel free to message me or post here if you are interested and we can talk.
  15. yes!!! This is still available!!
  16. Sue E.

Digitizing with AutoSketch Book and Lessons

The only software program I would recommend at this time is Art and Stitch with the embroidery module. I use it for digitizing. It is so much easier and better than AutoSketch. Here is a link to the website -- http://artandstitch.com The Plus version is the one that has both the quilting and embroidery module. This is a great company with great software. The other software package I am familiar with for digitizing is by Floriani - https://florianisoftware.com . It is also a fantastic program, but I think Art and Stitch is slightly easier. Take a look at both of them.
  17. LisaC

Base extender drag

Is your drag specific toward the leveler bar or does it drag all over? I found mine had more drag toward the leveler bar and raised it a bit to have more clearance and all was well.
  18. I love this thread and originally purchased it for stitch in the ditch; I have used it on fine fabrics, like silk when I don't want the thread to be intense. For bobbins, I have used SuperBobs and also the Classic magnetic bobbins from Hab&Dash (Filtec). It stitches beautifully with both.
  19. nsxbill

Digitizing with AutoSketch Book and Lessons

Hi folks I’m now retired for the fourth time, and thought I might just pull my Gammill 14’ LA out of storage, and set it up again for my wife. For a lot of years, i was into digitizing for Computer Embroidery, but with the onset in prices per 1000 stitches being taken over by third world digititizers, I pretty much stopped. It was always a little sideline gig I did while working nights. I still have a Brother 9 needle, and a Melco single needle machine in storage both of which I used for sample sew out runs. I used Punto software for both Windows and Mac. I have a couple of converter program for Mac, and 3 for Windows. I will probably be attending the next local quilting show in Santa Clara, Ca just to talk with vendors, but hoping someone here can recommend a digitizing program for doing my own patterns, maybe a program I can use to convert from embroidery to IntelliQuilter format. I have the digitizing software for wife’s Bernina 830 too. Your thoughts? Recommendation? Will be shopping Add-on Computer system soon for my Gammill, and hopefully can find a great price for used or demo equipment for the upgrade of my LA. Thanks, Bill M Fair Oaks, CA.
  20. Cairns

Hot bobbin

Does anyone know why my bobbin and bobbin basket are getting hot? My 2-year old Lucey was leaking gear box grease and APQS sent me a seal to install behind the hook assembly. I did so and then re-timed her. Lucey is still sewing beautifully but I’m concerned with the warm to hot bobbin and basket. Lucey is still leaking gear box grease, now in a different area. I’m watching it, per APQS, in case it’s just excess and will resolve itself. But, APQS hasn’t yet responded to my question about the heated parts. Thanks for any suggestions.
  21. Irene Graber

93 Year old's Last quilt

Its beautiful and it is on point.
  22. Irene Graber

Bears

Hello everyone, Thank you for all the kind words. I was nervous doing the quilting because this was my first quilt to do on my Lenni with a bliss track. I enjoyed quilting it. I want to see the pictures when you are done with the grunge bear quilt please and thank you.
  23. Irene Graber

Bears

Hi Carmen, I haven't seen the penguin one yet but the only tiny pieces was the ears and the muzzles on the bear. I counted how many pieces it was for just one ear I was amazed it was like 10 pieces for one ear.
  24. stitchin cricket

Bears

Oh Irene, I love it. You did a great job. I'm making this same quilt for a lady I work with who just had her first child. I made it in grunge fabric. How did you like all those tiny pieces? The pantograph you used was perfect for it. Have you seen the penguin pattern she has designed as well? Thank you for sharing. Happy Quilting, Carmen
  25. Last week
  26. Ellenwittwer

Thanks Sharon. I will try this.
  27. Yes it is available. For a new lower price as well, it’s the perfect opportunity for you
  1. Load more activity