What's on the Frame?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the quilt I just got off. This is my 3 yr BOM, I'll never do again. I did get some help from customers who are good at a few things I didn't have time to do. But I did 80% of it. I have it entered in a quilt show for next weekend, and I found I was short on the binding, so I'm waiting, I found it on line, my quilt shop was out!

post--13461900559187_thumb.jpg

this is the quilt I had horrible bearding with, I used W/N batting. I spent several hours taking care of this mess, and picking all the lint off the back and front.

Thank God I have a bright sunny kitchen to work in. I hung it out on the clothes line to take these pictures, so if you see some fall colors, we are in WI, and the Asian Beetles are arriving.

post--13461900559342_thumb.jpg

Just finished today and I'm mailing this one to my grandson in Indiana. His mom, my daughter Anna, designed it and pieced it. Whitaker is developmentally challenged, almost two, and doesn't walk or crawl. He loves the color red and his brothers love Curious George and sock monkeys. I used a flannel back--yellow bananas on red and sock monkeys, a layer of warm and white, and a layer of dream puff on top. We're hoping that will be soft, puffy/fluffy, and warm for Whit on the floor. Most of it is computer guided and purchased designs. I drew and digitized some of the designs, the triangle border is hand guided, and the binding was attached with the longarm.

You can go to my Flickr album, there are descriptions and closeups.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51026226@N00/sets/72157607911918070/

"Whit's

Those are all so pretty.

Sheri I love that new pattern. I will have to get one of those someday. I'd love to quilt it for you if nobody else has volunteered.

This is what is on my frame. A customer quilt, 110x100. I'm so bored with it, but it's what she wanted. The brown thread on the cream fabric is showing EVERY little mistake. Oh, the backing is all cream with brown thread.

post--13461900563943_thumb.jpg

I have been using the Marvy marker since taking Sherry's class last spring, I like that I can immediately erase it/ Have you washed any quilts that you've used it on? I know that Sherry swears by them but I've been too chicken to use any markers on customer quilts other than chalk, and only white after the yellow not coming off.

oooooooooaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Simply Delicious. Thanks Shannon, I love how the simplicity of the SID make the squares stand out and contrast with the feathers and swirls. Great job!

Teresa, I love your brown and cream quilt--just like I love cream in my mocha! What harmony!

Archived