Lighting for your machine

janeta

I just got the Lite box system from Dave Jones (Deloa Jones husband) I got the Dee Lite Lights last year for Christmas and they make a HUGE difference to how well I can see everything. They installed very quickly and I love them. If anyone struggles because of lighting issues these might be something you want to look at. They are shown of Deloa's website: deloasquiltshop.com For those of you going to camp Mowana, they will be on the machines there. Dave said the Lite box system will definitely be on the machines in Karen McTavish's classes as they help with whole cloth work. My machine is in a part of the basement that doesn't have natural light so it was hard to see thread tension on the bottom. I would use a flashlight and crawl under the quilt to check. Now I don't have to! Hurray!!! Janet

ps. this is not a paid advertisement:P just sharing something I got that is awesome. Janet

Back when I first got my machine, I wanted some lighting for making my own pantos and marking quilt tops. My husband came up wit;h this idea. We bought wheels like on the longarm, an inexpensive small flourescent light fixture, 2 pieces of wood and some L brackets. Here's a picture of the unit. It rolls along on the bottom rail just like the longarm on the top. This unit lets me use the whole table top as a light box. I love it.

post--13461900496982_thumb.jpg

Archived