Any problems with APQS machines?

Guest hibagredly

Guest hibagredly

I'm shopping for a long arm machine & have been looking at a Nolting 18" long arm & the Liberty APQS. I live far away from any dealers & cannot try out any of the machines! I can't even travel to the MQX this year. So I'm relying on my research & your opinions so please help.

I'll be starting a quilting business in Lexington KY & was wondering have any of you had any problems with the APQS machines? I'm also looking at the Green Mille. It has only a 1 year warrenty. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you & happy Holidays.

Heba

Heba, contact one of the dealers. I think they can help answer all your questions. I bought a Millie, which will arrive tomorrow, so don't have much information to give you. I decided on APQS after having a hobby quilter by nolting. I liked the hobby quilter, but felt I needed a real longarm. I did not like all the vibration in the hobby quilter, but never did have the opportunity to drive one of their professional models. I went with the Mille because of the high recommendations from so many on this and other lists.

I did a lot of research and felt this one was the best fit for me. hope your search is fruitful.

Heba: Welcome to the APQS message board. I live in Owensboro so we're almost neighbors!

I bought a used APQS Ult. I from APQS in 2000 or 2001 (can't remember). I could not tell it had ever been used. APQS really cleans and goes over the used machines. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a green Millennium if they had been around when I bought mine. I switched to a Millennium in 2004 and I have loved both my machines dearly.

They arrived on a truck, DH put them together and I have never had a problem that APQS couldn't solve over the phone. 99.9% (maybe 100%) of the problems I have had have been user error. These machines are incredibly reliable. In fact, when my Millennium arrived in July, 2004, I had a question and called Connie. I have not had any problems since then so that's 17 months of a tremendous amount of use without one service call/question. In my opinion, the APQS service staff is second to none.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend an APQS machine and if ever I need a new machine, it will definitely be an APQS.

Good luck with your decision.

Hi Heba

Before I answer your question I have to say that I am the Aussie dealer for APQS machines.

Having said that I bought my first APQS machine in 1997 and it is still going like a charm and its had two owners since me. Very few things have been replaced on that machine, hook assembly once, wheels, pigtail guides and handle switch, in total about $300. The machine is maintained solely by the present owner - she lives so far from civilisation (just joking Nic) that she does everything herself with the aid of the manual and calls to me or APQS. Its a similar story for our other machine owners.

APQS machines are thoroughly tested at the factory before they leave, as they should be, its far more cost-effective to send out a machine that is perfect than to have customers call when they receive the machine asking how to fix something. To be totally honest though, very occassionally we have a machine arrive that needs a replacement part and usually we can send one straight out but this is very rare. APQS stand behind their product 100% and their warranty is the most comprehensive - not the longest - but it covers the most parts and APQS replacement parts, generally, are the least expensive to replace.

Another thing to consider with APQS is that they listen to their customers when they suggest improvements to the machine and many of the great features of APQS machines come about from suggestions from customers or prospective customers - they can often tailor make a machine to suit you.

There is so much I could say about the reliability and quality of APQS machines but you might like to go to the home page and click on "How It Works" to learn more about why APQS choose the components to make their great machines.

If you have more questions, please come back to the Chat Forum here there are lots of us willing to share our experiences with you.

Best wishes, and happy Christmas

Sue in Australia

Hi Heba,

What a great deal these "new" Green Millenniums are. Yes, APQS states a one year warrenty. However these machine are built to last a life time from the beginning. The Green Millie have been rebuilt with new componets and are like a new machine really. I would not hesitate to buy one of them. Judy said it best , APQS customer service is second to none. Anytime you need help it's just a phone call away. Not only a call to the techs but we reps are always ready to help. Then, on top of all that you have this chat line, the best machine you can buy( I do say so myself). Santa is just waiting for that phone call;) PS: You can't go wrong with the Liberty either. Just more throat space with the Millie. If you have any specific questions give me or one of us a call.

Merry Christmas.

Myrna

Heba,

Hello and Happy Holidays. I about three weeks i will have owned my Millie for a year. I bought it used (barely) privately. The lady I bought it from paid APQS to move it from her house to mine. When they came to set it up they were really nice. When they were leaving Mark (I think) said this is just like buying a car; although you did not buy the machine directly from us if you have any problems or questions please don't hesitate to call us. I was VERY impressed with that statement. APQS' staff have been awesome to me!!!!!!!! I mean everyone that I have dealt with in-person or on the phone has been GREAT!!!!!!!!!! In the beginning I had a problem with the stitch regulator and Connie helped me on the phone numerous times. I was very frustrated and then she said you live in Iowa don't you and I said yes, she said why don;t you take the head off and stap in intot he backseat of your car and bring it down her, we made the appointment for the next day because of course I was on a time line to get quilts out to customers. Everyone at the factory on Carrol was really nice too. It ended up that I had a short in my plug to my stich regulator (not common). I am fortunate that I only live about 2 1/2 hours from them which takes me to my other PLUS for this machine, I love things that are AMERICAN made and Iowa made is even better!!!!!!!!

As for my machine, I love it and it is a work-horse!!!!!!!!!! I have a Millie and would buy the 'green' Millie without any hesitation. No one pays us to say nice things about this company; the people and their products have earned the right for us to say great things because it is true! In an age of hurry this and hurry that I can tell you that many times I have gotten calls back after 5:00p.m. from APQS staff and they don;t act like you are an inconvenience or like you are bothering them, THAT is hard to find anywhere.

Anyway, I do not think you would regret buyuing a machine from them they are all great the people and machines!!!!!

Good luck and Happy Holidays!!

Ramona

Ramona,

Thanks for sharing your experience. In another post for my own curiosity I am interested in hearing..... How everyone choose there APQS machine and why do you love it. It's my oun little survey. Maybe you can post there as well. I am a rep, but way before that I was a happy Millennium owner.

Myrna

Guest Linda S

Heba - I own a Liberty and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! With any mechanical device, you will occasionally have little glitches. I can honestly say the problems I have had are very few and far between. They have largely been fixed over the phone by the excellent customer service at APQS. The Liberty glides so well, going in whatever direction I choose. I'm sure you would be pleased with any APQS machine.

Linda

Archived