Sherry Rogers' pictures

It's real hard to get Sherry to brag on her own work so I'll do it for her! She's my hero and I'm always dropping in on her webshots page. Take a look at this quilt http://community.webshots.com/photo/136325152/136326815QIMdUy

If it doesn't load, click that little 'view full size' link and maybe it will.

This quilt is drop dead gorgeous! But, everything Sherry does is drop dead gorgeous!

OHMYGOODNESS! I am shocked to see my name here as a topic, but appreaciate that you all took the time to see this little quilt! Thanks bunches Judy for pointing out that little number, it was a fun quilt to design and my Mom loves it!

For those of you that are not aware, I actually was responsible for getting Karen to start teaching. We taught a Wholecloth Trapunto Workshop together for some time. It was evidant right off the bat that Karen was a natural and was soon on her own and is still going strong! I not only admired Karen's style. I paid attention to her instruction too! :D:D

Wow, Sherry, you just keep continuing to blow us away with your outstanding work!

Congratulations on a most beautiful quilt, and all the others as well.

I would strongly urge everyone to line up and take a class from her. I did, and will always be grateful for the time we spent together. Not only is she an awesome teacher, but she is a wonderful friend.

Keep it up, Sherry, you inspire us to reach for the stars.

Best wishes,

Marg Layton;)

Guest Linda S

I guess this gives me something to strive to be when I grow up. :o If I can ever be half that good, I'll be amazed. You make such things of beauty Sherry. I love cruising through the shots on your website. How inspiring.

Linda

Good Morning Linda

Thank you very much! There really is no higher praise then to know that your work is apreaciated by your peers!

I really do love this job and I love what I do. I think that is the whole secret to success and I am blessed to be able to do what I love to do. I am constantly inspired by many (including YOU Miss JUDY!!!) and there is always something else I want to try.

I am sure you have all heard the phrase "PPP" which to many means practice, practice, practice. However, I like to re-phrase that term and refer to it as Practice, Patiance and Perserverance.

Don't be afraid to try! Heck, it is only fabric and thread!

Hey, I know...I could take pictures of the my very first ever custom quilt I did with my very first machine which was a short arm! Who wants to see it? Who will do the same?

Me! Me! Me!

Hi Judy

I see your hand up there waving away and I promise I will get some photos up. I looked today for the quilt on my lunch break but it wasnt where I thought it was and will have to look further when I am not sew busy.

One thing I am sure of is that no one in thier right mind would take it, sew I am sure it is here somewhere! I hung it on my wall in the spare room (where no one ever goes) as my mile marker quilt. It is fun to see how far you have come since then. Of course the machines have too which makes it much easier today then it was way back then!:D

Hey Sherry,

We want to see your 1st quilt. I'll show you mine if you will show me yours!!!LOL

I just loaded pictures of my 1st quilt-custom and otherwise in my webshots photos in the Donation Album. This was done in February 2001. This quilt was made by Donna and Pam at Quilter's Harvest-- http://www.quilter'sharvest.com I figured what better way to get the name out--The funny thing was I won this quilt back and am glad I have it rather than someone else. It was given away on July 4th, 2001, and I purchased $5 worth of tickets that very night. I kept it too, but I also told the Chamber of Commerce that I would quilt another one for them for free if they wanted to do another Raffle. That offer has now been accepted and Donna and Pam have made another quilt which I will quilt in a couple of days and donate to them. This one will be raffled off and given away on July 4th again. Told them I wouldn't buy tickets this time.

Right now I am working on a Donation quilt for the Fire Department. They are trying to raise funds to purchase an imaging camera. I will add photos of each of these quilts in the album when I'm finished. Of course both places want their quilts before the 1st of June so now it's back to work.

Enjoy the sharing on this site. Always try to check out what's going on even when I don't have any time to respond right now.

Carol Wiles

Guest Linda S

Carol - that was your first quilt? :o You did a good job on it, especially on the borders. It came out really nicely if that was your first attempt. I'm dreaming quilt patterns now and about washing them and not getting the little bearding thingys off the back and colors running and lions and tigers and bears, oh my! :P

Linda

Thanks Sherry and Linda. Yes that was the first quilt after practicing almost 2 months.

First time I tried to follow a panto with the laser light, you could not recognize the pattern. In fact, after about a week, I thought--"What have you done?? What made you think you could do this???"

After some practice, things started to look better. A star even looked like a star:)

I took Linda Huff's class at MQS this year and I still need to practice, practice, practice. She had a good class, too bad she didn't have a video camera so you could see what she was doing on the machine or she needed to have markers to draw the idea on the dry erase board.

Still.... she had a lot of good points and like I said, I need to practice. As others have said, when I grow up, I want to quilt like Sherry:D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived