WHERE'S THE ELEPHANTS

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a U2U back from MerryJo...she hasn't gotten it yet, but will be making a trip to the postoffice to see if they have it stashed someplace....remember when she got the first box they sent it back to the sender because the person that they tried to give it to refused it.....so maybe Jen will get it back yet....will keep our fingers crossed as to the were about its is.

Hi all! I have the box! I have no idea how long it's been at the P.O. When I got there I had a slip to pick up a package. It was dated 01-05-09. When I picked it up at the counter, they said they had put 4 notifications in my box. Yeah right! I asked where they all were and told them the only one I had was the one I just handed them. Typical! I wonder whose box they put the notifications in. At least this time they didn't give it to another customer to refuse and then return to sender. GEEZ! They are total idiots. I'm so glad I moved and use another PO now. The Postmaster knows me by first name now, and runs when he sees me because of all the complaints I have submitted.

Anyway, all is safe and I'll have the box sent on it's way tomorrow. I have to take a pic of the "kids" playing with my shop mascot in the sewing studio. Angie in Santa Rosa is next on the list, so be watching for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, and Merry Jo,

I now have the East Coast box that traveled West---finally.;) I picked it up at the post office in town today. It was there a few days but I don't go to the "Big City" unless I combine a bunch of "Big City" things to do! Like today!;)

Our mailman won't come up our steep driveway with large boxes.

I just opened it to let the critters breathe! I will be sending it out next Monday.

I'm really glad it arrived safe and sound and before next Thursday (Jan. 22nd.) as my hubby is going into the hospital that day for double knee replacement surgery and I don't know when I would have time to repack and ship the box after that happens. I know it could be a week at least...so, it has all worked out.

The next quilter on the list is Nancy Jo Smith, then Barb Mayfield, Linda Rech and Shana Clay.

Is the address for Nancy Jo currant? Anyone know?

Take care

Hi Barb,

Do you have a U2 or email address for Nancy Jo. Sorry, but I don't get on this forum much anymore so not keeping up with addresses or names.

I have the box and want to be sure I send where it's supposed to go.

I have an address for Nancy Jo in Vancouver WA. If I don't hear anything different then that's where I will send it on Monday. Jan. 19th.

Thanks!

Angie,

I'm not sure what e-mail addresses Nancy is checking nowadays, but I know she'll be over on the west side this weekend, 'cause she's planning on being at the NW Moxie meeting at Brendalee's home. You might e-mail or call Brendalee - she'll pass the message on to Nancy, I'm sure. For Brendalee's contact info, check the thread at http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=14635

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for the reminder about the post office being closed. I plan to send the box from Mailbox Etc. and via UPS as it's very heavy at this point and UPS rates are much less expensive after you go past the 5 lb. weight marker. Priority works great for anything less than 5 lbs. But not above---

In reality it still won't go out until early Tuesday.

It is also easier to track with UPS.

ANGIE NOOOOOOOO,

Remember a couple months ago I sent you my Idaho address? I sold the Vancouver house last year and the new buyers are nasty about not sending things on. I have just sent you a reminder email with my Idaho address. I don't like to post those things here where unknowns can see them. I'll be in Idaho all next week so I cannot wait!!! Wahoo. Almost time!!!

Nancy Jo

Hi Heidi,

I don't think all the stuff with the stuffed animals included will fit in a flat rate box at this point in time. I'm just taking one thing out, and putting one thing in and using the box that Merry Jo sent to me. Re-taping it and sending it on it's way the least expensive rate I can find. I don't think there is a flat rate box this size, but I will check. Presently the postage via USPS exceeds $14.50.

Hi Nancy Jo,

I just replied to your email. I now have your correct address.

If I had a message from you it's been so long ago I no longer have it in my flagged email. In the meantime I also got a new desktop computer and old emails were lost. I have a new laptop too....same thing.;)

I actually was surprised to receive this east coast box as I have inquired a few times in the past year about it's whereabouts and thought perhaps I had somehow been missed in it's travels around the US.

That's my story....take care.

Update: Tuesday. Jan. 20, 2009

The "east coast" White Elephant box is now on it's way to Nancy Jo in Idaho. I shipped it via UPS to the address she emailed to me. The box is large and weighs approx. 20 lbs. at this time.

It was a toss up between sending it USPS or UPS. I picked UPS because it included tracking and insurance.

It has been a year almost to the day that the box arrived to my address. ;) I really enjoyed reading the enclosed Journal! I think that was the most fun of all. I took two pantographs out of the box and replaced them with (surprises)!:P

It was fun to participate in the journey of the "box"!

Originally posted by Sparkle

.............I don't think all the stuff with the stuffed animals included will fit in a flat rate box at this point in time. I'm just taking one thing out, and putting one thing in and using the box that Merry Jo sent to me. Re-taping it and sending it on it's way the least expensive rate I can find. I don't think there is a flat rate box this size, but I will check. Presently the postage via USPS exceeds $14.50.

OMG! :o I think there is too much stuff being shipped in these boxes. Can somebody (next on the list) please remove whatever you want to reduce bulk and shipping weight? We don't need to be shipping a gigantic thing all over the place. :)

(((hugs)))

Shana

Hi Shana,

I agree at some point the box got too large. However, the box only has a few more stops to make before it's on the way to you. (3) if I recall correctly.

What I took out (paper pantographs) did not make a significant impact on the weight. However, I did put in some things that weigh approx. 1 lb.

The box weighed in at approx. 20 lbs. this shipping date (1/20/09) I didn't mind, but I just want the remaining members to be aware it is large and heavy.

I had to go to the post office in town to pick it up as my mailperson could not deliver it. Too large for our locked Package box we all use on our driveways.

:o

Archived