A new year's swap

Is anybody up for a 2009 swap? I would be happy to organize again. We can play by the same rules we did for the Christmas exchange. It seemed to go pretty smoothly. I would like to do a quilt in pastel 1930's colors with traditional blocks (Dresden Plate, Hole in the Barn Door, etc.). Is anybody else interested? We could start in January and go until May 31. I can start compiling names now, so we will all be signed up and ready to go.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like fun to me too. I don't know much about how this works either so I would love some more info too.

I love 1930's fabric. I am working on one right now that my grandmother started years and years ago. I guess she finished a whole bunch of blocks I believe are called rock stars, I very well could be wrong. She gave it to my mom to finish 40 years ago and when I started quilting my mom pulled it and another set of blocks from an early period out and just gave them to me. I was so excited. I just love the fabrics.

Sorry for the side track. But I would like to be included :)

The rules are really simple. You send me your address and I send you 15 names and addresses to send blocks to. You will receive 15 blocks from others that you can set into a pretty quilt.

Let's do either 12" or 15" blocks.

Let's keep the background color white or off white. You guys can choose. majority rules.

BLocks should be traditional 1930's patterns. Eleanor Burns Egg Money quilts book has lots of good patterns.

Originally posted by chickenscratch

BLocks should be traditional 1930's patterns. Eleanor Burns Egg Money quilts book has lots of good patterns.

Then I vote for Off white, and 12 inche blocks.... Off white

I think goes better with the 1930's fabrics.

Unbleached muslin, 12" blocks--sounds great to me.

So you send us the names and we send finished blocks. Do I make 15 different blocks? or 15 blocks the same and send one to each person?

Sounds simple, but it takes me a while to understand sometimes.

I'll send you my info in a U2U.

Archived