NQR - Bill update

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patty Jo -

I do hope you are getting some rest - I am sure you are much more exhausted than you realize. It is all so difficult. I am glad Bill is home with you and not in the hospital or a care center. You two need to be together and take joy in any and all good moments you have left together. It makes the hard moments so much easier to deal with. I agree, that looking at medication changes and/or additions is wise. I am sure that Bill's doctor and hospice can help in this area.

I continue to think and pray for both of you.......... as do so many of us on this site.

Patty Jo you sound so exhausted. You do have to take care of yourself too. Don't be affraid to ask your neighbor or friends to come sit with Bill while you get a shower and nap yourself.

It is great that you and Bill still can have the moments of laughter witty chuckels together at home. I sure hope Hospice can give you a little more help to ensure his saftey from falling.

My prayers and thought are with you and Bill always.

Renae Gamel

Patty Jo, I really am so sorry that this is where you're at. My heart goes out to you. I went through the same, having taken care of my husband who had cancer. He died unexpectedly from another complication so I didn't have time to set up hospice. I know the mental and physical exhaustion. You don't want to complain, how can you? But boy can you use a break. After reading what Bill is experiencing I would suspect one of three things. First is that he's having side effects from one of his medications, second is his oxygen level. If it's low, a person can act confused, it's called hypoxia. A nurse can check this easy enough with a sensor (probe) place on a finger. The whole unit is about the size of an old transitor radio. He just might need a little O2. Third might be the spread of disease. Which ever it is I hope that between you, the doctors and the nurses that you'll be able to come up with a plan that will keep Bill safe and give you alittle piece of mind. One little thing that you can do, is if Bill has a hospital bed with railings and it sounds like he does, then tie a small bell on the railing. When he pulls on the railing to pull himself up, you should hear the bell. Honestly, I wish I was there to help and give you a hug.

Hang in there, Dianne

Patty Jo, I went down this road too. My mother had to get out of bed to have a cigerrette(sp) Not only did she fall she would light herself on fire. She would also disrobe. Our first hospice nurse was so so about doing anything. It got so bad we tried to replace hospice service and instead they sent us a different nurse who turned everthything around. When she was in bed permanently(sp) we put a baby monitor in the room. I rec'd noooooo rest/sleep. The hospice nurse pointed out that what was going to happen was going to happen and to unplug the baby monitor. I know that hearing you need rest sound like "lets take a bus to mars" But you need to hop on the bus to mars. Bill will be calmer knowing you are taking care of yourself.

If I can do anything let me know

Melora

A couple of weeks ago....there was a bit of hush hush, and don't post that....well, it wasn't really meant to be a secret as much as it was meant to be quiet so Patty wouldn't worry about this as well.

I was sitting at my table one day after she posted and I had this warm sensation that I needed to do something....and I got this big huge brainy idea to make her a quilt. I didn't post it openingly because I needed to work fast and I needed to get it done fast. I apologize if I missed you, when I asked for help, but I felt an huge urgency. Those I asked came through with flying blocks....wow....you girls work fast when you need to :P

The quilt was delivered on Monday, 26 days from my first cry for help, by Nancy Jo, Linda Rech, Beth Durand...and its huge it turned out to be 84 x 103 and 47 ladies stepped up to my cry for help. Nancy Jo stepped up to quilt the quilt, Beth bound it and Brendalee found and purchased the angel CQ pattern, and made the bag that it was delivered in, and you ladies made 63 blocks.

I have two blocks that were sent, but haven't gotten here yet....I'm sorry I couldn't wait any longer for them, but will make sure that they get passed to Patty if and when they get here.

Here are a couple pictures of the finished quilt and PattyJo and Nancy looking over the individual blocks.

<a  href=2570274960091819759S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=

2667622980091819759S425x425Q85.jpg

Oh Patty Jo, I know this is such a difficult time for you, and it is easier said then done to find time for yourself. If I were in your neck of the woods, I'd be there in a heartbeat! Let your family and friends that are close to your home know that you may need some rest/time for you... don't be afraid to ask!:) A time like this is exhausting, emotionally and physically... and I'm sure Bill dosen't like it when you leave his side, he's afraid to be alone right now. You've got some great "quilty" friends that are close and are willing to help out! (Nancy Jo, you're awesome!) Many prayers & much love coming your way Patty Jo......((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Evy Hayes

P.S. That sure is a beautiful gift you recieved, I wish I could have been there... but just knowing I was a small part of it makes me so incredibly honored! (Thank You Bonnie:))

The anti-anxiety meds sound right. We went through something similar with my Dad, he would wake up and just be postive that he was supposed to go do whatever he'd been dreaming about. Like bleeding the brakes on Mom's car or something. It was always something to do with his taking care of something for one of us, he still had his get it done like he always had but his body just wasn't up to the deed. Ask Bill if he's dreaming and what he dreams about.

Thank all of you who were the piecers of this beautiful quilt. It is on my bed and today, a friend, Sue, came over to the house at 10 am to give me time to go to the bank and run a couple of erronds. Then we fixed lunch from the leftovers of about 3 or 4 meals that have been brought to the house, then she insisted that I go and take a nap. I crawled under this beautiful quilt and I fell asleep in about 5 mins. and slept for about 2 1/2 hrs. :cool: I can really feel the hugs and love that was stitched into that beautiful quilt. I will cherish it forever. Dear Lord, please bless all the hands that touched it during the process of getting it to me. I love you all. And Bonnie, you are an angel for instigating it all. Love you girl.

Me again - I forgot to tell you that when we showed it to Bill, with great inflection in his voice, he said "Oh my, that's beautiful" and then went back to sleep. He knows how much this group has supported not only me and not only him, but both of us as we have to each deal with different aspects of this whole situation. Blessings to you all again.:cool:

Patty Jo,

We have all grown to love and hold you and Bill in a special place in our hearts. I think I can speak for the group here when I say, when one of us hurt, we all hurtand when one rejoices we all rejoice. This quilt truly was a labor of love. I was so glad to be a tiny little part of this quilt and I feel so honored to have been asked to chip in.

We love ya girl....

Hey there quilty friends,

Actually I have to say, our fabulous Barb Mayfield did the binding on Patty Jo's quilt, not only in record time on Sunday, but in the middle of a power outage, using her great binding technique. I was so busy putting Lola back together I didn't get to watch (darn) but it looks great!!! Someday the story of this miracle and all the things that TRIED to go wrong will be told. God's hand in the process cannot and will not be denied.

Patty Jo, we are keeping you and Bill in our thoughts and prayers no matter what part of the world I am in at the moment. Love you both...:):):):)

Nancy Jo

Patty Jo I am so glad you got some rest. Sending lots of hugs and prayers to you and Bill and hugs to Bonnie, Nancy Jo, and Barb for your incredible talents that brought all of our prayer hugs together for our dear friend. I too am humbled that i was able to be a part of this quilty love.

Really glad Sue gave you the break you needed today.. hope it happens every couple days. You really need it.

Wish I had known about the quilt, I definately would have made and sent one.. so.. just tuck some hugs and lots of prayers in a corner of it and consider it from me. The quilt is beautiful and shows so much support.. Glad you have it..

RitaR

Dearest Patty Jo and Bill,

I'm so very honoured to have sent a block. Giving is a selfish thing, I get all warm n fuzzy every time I think about this quilt. Thank You.

I'm glad that it has already provided a little sleep magic for you Patti Jo. The Quilt sure did turn out beautiful. Bonnie, Nancy Jo, Beth, Brendalee and Barb are champions!!!! as are all the block queens ;)

rest easy

much love

Patty Jo - so glad you got to get a few errands run and also to get some much needed rest & under your new quilt of friendship and love............ we were all so happy and honored to be a part of this wonderful project and those who were not physically involved were there emotionally......... This is a big wonderful family here to help each other in whatever way we can. Lots of hugs.........

PattyJo, I'm so glad you got some rest, please keep taking care of yourself. It was and honor to piece a couple blocks for the quilt. My love and prayers went into each stitch. I know the Lord was guiding me because I never designed a block in minutes. Hugs to you and Bill.

Originally posted by nineva

Actually I have to say, our fabulous Barb Mayfield did the binding on Patty Jo's quilt, 7Nancy Jo

Man I was totally having a blonde moment....I knew that...and please except my humble apology for my dumb fingers getting it wrong, and the lack of sleep. All better today.

Archived