How to install zippers

Hello everyone,

My name is Debbie and I'm new to long arm quilting. I've been scanning various topics on this APQS forum and found some very useful information. I bought a Millennium in October and have done a couple of quilts. Pinning is very tedious. I want to purchase zippers to put on the leaders. What is the best way of attaching the zippers to the leaders?

Another question? I've yet to take my freebie class, but is there an easy way to learn to follow pantos? I have trouble making the little red dot follow the line. I may just be expecting too much too soon.

I haven't done a panto in quite awhile but I have 3 tips. 1) Keep your eyes ahead of the red dot. It's like driving a car, you don't look at the road directly in front of you but rather, farther down the road. 2) You don't have to be exact. Nobody will compare your quilting to the actual panto to see if you were directly on the line. 3) Stay loose and have fun.

When you purchase the zipper system, there will be instructions on how to attach to the leaders. There have been some alternative methods discussed here--do a search (go back at least a year) for "zippers" or "zippered leaders" to view some advice. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Hi the zippers are great, I love them. One of the ladies on here has a great video on the zippers. Her name is

Darlene EPP. Here is her post:

I have a page on my website with TIPS on installing the zippers, complete with a few pictures. The booklet that comes with the system is great, but I've added a few tricks that make the process SO much easier, especially considering we only have 2 hands!

http://trilliumhousedesigns.com/tips/

As for pantos, practice is the answer and remember only you will know if you run off the lines:cool: HAVE FUN

Congratulations on your new machine. Welcome Debbie to the forum. If you have questions just ask away. We love to hear from everyone and this is a great place to learn. I have been here since I got my Lenni in August and it is a wonderful place to learn and be encouraged. Jeanne

• 3 months later...

Archived