Other ways to make money

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just reviving this post again, It is very interesting what you all do for extra $$. When I was waiting for my Freedom to arrive in 2007 I made all kinds of Quilt tops to practice on. The when they were done, someone in this fabulous group suggested Etsy to me. I opened my Quiltlover store there on May 14th, 2007, sold my first Quilt 2 days later and haven't looked back. I just hit my 100th Sale, and have sold over 150 Quilts and quilted items. I have Quilts in Australia, Germany, Japan, The Netherlands, all over the US and Canada. The internet is a wonderful thing. Besides my Etsy Store I also have on on Artfire, sell my quilted items at the Local Open Market, the Tourist Info center, and a little Gift Store in Town carries some of my items for a commission. There is plenty of opportunity out there to sell what you create.

I love the quilted Sweatshirt idea. Might try that! Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

I love reading all your postings, I learn so much and feel like I know you as friends. I am just getting setup to start my longarm business and researching everything. I am retired but disabled so the State of California is buying a longarm machine for me and a Desighner Diamond Embroidery machine, I am so lucky, but I really had to jump through their hoops to get them to agree and part of my selling them on the idea is making quilts with embroidery squares. I have a few people that ordered them for thier children(crib size). How do I find the web site for Etsy Store? Thanks for the help

Archived