DB Thankyou

Busy Quilting

Dianne,

My christmas came early thanks to you.

I received a wonderful parcel of 2 yards of muslin and almost a yard of 1930's prints yesterday.

A huge surprise as I was expecting a small sample of muslin to compare.

I will now need to "get a wriggle on" with my New Year's exchange. Can't wait to start.

Quilters are wonderful people, and this forum is the "pick of the crop".

Again Thank you Dianne

Lyn

on 'Good Golly Miss Molly'

Millenium

Australia

Dianne is very kind and generous! I'm still doing the happy dance too :)

The fabric is beautiful and it sews up a treat too.

Dianne,

I would love to know what brand the muslin is as a friend of mine was asking.

She does a lot of stump work and other hand work and thought that the muslin would be good for that too.

Thanks again Dianne and happy sewing Lyn

Cheers Satu

I will also add my thanks............ my surprise arrived yesterday. The "American" muslin is certainly different to what we Aussies deal with.......... mind you it is very much on the nice side.

I was also only expecting a sample for comparison. Dianne, you are a very generous lady! Thank you so much for the lovely fabrics and such quantities.

Thank you also for your note......... it is so nice to learn about our quilting friends, and yes........... my door will always be open, so come on down! with or without family.

Regards,

You ladies are very, very welcome. I find it very upsetting how much you guys pay for fabric. Then when this muslin thing came up... well that just did it. So.... I came up with a plan. I've decided that the best thing to do would be for all of you to fly to the U.S. with an empty suitcase, you can put you clothes in the carry on bag. We could do a quilter's shop hop and make sure that your suitcase is full on the way back. Keeping under the 50 lb limit of course. Keepsake Quilting, a large quilting store up here is a very do able 3 hour drive away, up through the White mountains, very pretty. Plus there are some other quilt stores nearby and several on Cape Cod. We could even squeeze in some sightseeing!

Again, you're all very welcome. I'm glad that something so simple for me to do made someone happy.

Dianne

Dianne,

I would love to come and fabric shop In the US. We just have that small problem of the airfare adding another $50 a pound... Still cheaper to buy at home.

I have all my blocks pieced thanks to you, just waiting for the addresses and the signature OK's.

But since it is supposed to be a New Year Swap I won't post until January.

Yes Dianne your generosity made us very Happy.

So your Christmas cheer has spread across the world

Thanks again

Lyn

Archived