has anyone used two battings?

Hello All,

It has been a while since I posted I have been busy piecing and quilting. I have had a request from my son who is over seas and he would like me to do two batting's. I have a cotton poly Heirloom and a poly. I was going to put the cotton on the bottom next to the backing and use some spray to help hold it in place while i put the poly on top. Has anyone done this? Do I need a different needle also?

TIA

Kim C

I finished the quilt. I have it washing right now. I am mailing to to my son tomorrow. The two batting's worked out really well, I can't wait to make me one with two batting's LOL! Man it was nice. I didn't have to use a spray, nor did I have to move my foot which I was very happy about. :) I don't think I would of tried the two batting's if it wasn't for my son wanting it done that way. I am very happy he pushed mom just a bit more to try something new.

If I have batteries I will take a picture and post it.

Thank you all,

Kim C

Kim,

I'm so glad it worked out so well for you. I've never had to raise my foot either but I've had friends who said they had to. Maybe it is just because they have a different machine. I love having the extra loft because I think your sitches just show so much more, actually not the thread but the quilting. Please find batteries...we like pictures!

Archived