Customer incentive

Realizing how precious my customer base is--(duh!) I decided to give four customers a Christmas present this year. I took my 2008 customer list and counted each customer's quilt total. Each quilt earned them one chance at a $25-off gift certificate on a quilt during 2009. I will draw the names before Christmas.

With the economy tightening down, quilts will be scarce next year--IMHO! So, if these get me a little business, I will be very happy.

I will remind each customer at pick-up to fill out an entry for next year's drawing. Keeps you in their mind!

I always remind each client when picking up that they can earn a $10 certificate when they refer another client. They can also accumulate them, but only up to half off a job. When they earn a referal, I mail it to them with a thank-you note. I have probably at least 15 new clients in the year I have been doing this. So... If each client spends $100, well, you do the math!:P

• 2 months later...

I ran a half off "Meander Special" last year and got a huge response. I did a mailing that cost around $400 and ended up earning $1200 out of that. Got several new customers and lots of happy current ones. I did not put a limit on the number of quilts they could bring and I ran the special for 3 months. If I do this again or something like it I'm thinking of doing a "Buy one, get one 1/2 off" sale. The referral idea is fabulous and I'm going to implement that immediately!

Originally posted by qwltnldy

I did a mailing that cost around $400 and ended up earning $1200 out of that.

Just wondering what did you use for a data base for mailing out this many flyers.....or do you belong to that big of a guild?

Archived