signing a block

roberta

I was doing some research on the quilt block I am using for the New Years block exchange and came accross this information regarding signing a block.

The web page was on signature blocks and they said to iron some freezer paper to the back of the block that you are signing and it will make it easier to sign and keep the fabric from moving while you are signing.

Just wanted to share in case there is someone else out there, other than me, who did not know this :)

Yes! Do it! When I made a signature quilt of everyone who attended my nephew's wedding, I ironed freezer paper to the back of the fabric before I cut out fabric for the signatures. I took some extra fabric for people to practice on because it's not easy to do it right the first time. If I were to do it again, I'd draw a circle with the blue pen where their signature is to go, because most people did not sign in the center of the cloth like I assumed they would, and I had to piece a lot of the signature part.

Use a Pigma Pen 01 or 05.

It's important to give instructions: "Don't press hard" (or you ruin the fine point) and "Go real slow."

Observation: Men do not understand the words "Don't press hard," and "Go real slow".

post--13461900915221_thumb.jpg

Archived