PIctures of New Year's blocks

chickenscratch

I thought I'd go ahead and start the topic since some of you have mailed out your blocks.

Here are the first 7 I have made. They are numbered so the first 7 people on my list can choose which one they want.

SO... BArb Goodson, Saundra Marquis, Trish McComas, Susan Ramey, Lyn Crump, Pam Hish, Pamela Sperling.... choose one or tell me what color you want instead of one of these. I want to mail the first 7 out on Monday.

post--13461900930656_thumb.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm putting mine in the mail tomorrow so, Bobbi, Jeanne, Shannon, Bonnie R., Roberta, Laura H, Susanne H, Rita K, Maree, Cindy, Kristie, Marylyn, Celia, Sue O, Denise and Nadia...keep on the look out for them and please let me know when you get them....

As usual I was in such a hurry to get them posted didn't take a pic. So Gerri Smit, BrendaLee Haunschild, Holly Weisberger, Diane Brodin, Merry Jo Rembold, Karol Kusmaul, Gloria Garretson, Brad Wakefield, Patty Jo Noonan, Teresa Taylor, Barbara Goodson, Trish MsComas, Saundra Marquis, Susan Ramey, and Pam Hish you should be receiving my block and an extra gift from Australia in the next week or so and Lyn Crump you should get yours today or tomorrow.

I can't wait to start receiving my international blocks

I know it has been said before but I think three cheers are in order for Teresa for organising this.

Here are the people that should expect a block from me after the first of the yeae. Teresa Taylor, Barbara Goodson, Trish McComas, Saundra Marquis, Susan Ramey, Lyn Crump, Pam Hish, Pamela Sperling Sheri Butler, Sylvia Blisset, Terri VanderBosch, Ruthie Wasmuth, Satu Simmons, Melora Neminski, Elizabeth Pukerand, Karen Simons.

I'm looking forward to getting my blocks from all over & I second that Karen. A big cheer for Teresa for setting this up.:cool:

I'm sorry to have to post this, but I'm a little of a scatter brain and I need to get this out of my head. I'm trying to stay on top of the postings and progress, but in the event I miss something, I hope no one will be offended. I am planning to finish my blocks sometime in the next month and THEN I will contact the people on my list. I will post when I receive a block from someone else, that's the fun part. I will make a few extra blocks in case I miss someone or someone has dropped out or one gets lost, or life happens.

I just had to say that so that no one will worry where I am or what's happening in my arena. I want this to be a pleasant experience with no worries. How am I doing?

Thanks to Teresa, and thank you to all the participants! It's a lot of work, but the rewards are so worth it.:D

Hi, I have finished my blocks and am posting them this week. I am still waiting for 4 people to let me know about signatures, but I'll post if they don't reply.

Cindy, Kristie, Marylyn, Celia, Sue, Denise, Laura, April, Marlette, Karen, Gerri, Brenda, Holly, Diane, Merry Jo, and Nadia, you should all get your blocks soon.

This has been such a fun project. Thankyou Teresa.

Bonnie, I am on your list of people to send blocks to, so am looking forward to that. Hope all is OK.

Hi Bonnie

If memory serves me correctly we had until May to have the blocks finished and sent out. A few of us just got so excited that we couldn't contain ourselves, and we had the time to make them before the New Year and life got crazy once again.

I think I am on your list so I look forward to receiving my block from you

Karen

PS You're doing great

I totally echo, Karen....those of us who have gotten our blocks done, know that right now its maybe a minor lull in our lives so we jumped in to get them done so that we (I) won't be the one at the tail end feeling guilty that I just need to get one more block done and then I'm done.

My reasoning was get it done get it out of the way and enjoy the rest of the project.....its so fun getting the blocks, but in my case sometimes its just is a hassle to get them made. Had the opporunity to finish before Thankgiving and took it....I never know what's going to happen day to day...

I love the fact that we can make 16 blocks all the same...and not have to worry about color schemes...that one really didn't work well for me. Oh, I added to my stash, but now what do I do with it....(don't worry it will be used, but I have to admit there are colors and fabrics that I wouldn't normally have boughten or thought to use)

Teresa puts so much work into these events that I just didn't want to let her or others down....it was just easier for me to take the two days needed to get them cut and done, and then sit back and not worry about them.

I've been in the past the one at the end of the time period and was stressing over the deadline and stressing that I would let others down...so this time I decided I would even surprise myself.:cool: I have enough stress I don't need to self add to it.

So Boni, you are just fine.....

I too have mine finished, but am waiting to the New Year to post them.

I had some spare time and I know that I am busy from January on so finishing them early works better for me.

My surprises will all come as I receive these little Overseas parcels - keeping them all in the one spot ready for later construction - must find myself another basket!

What type of fabric did they use to back quilts in the 1930's?

Enjoying this experience already. Thank you Teresa.

Lyn

I'm so excited and impressed with all of your blocks! I've been off-line for a while, as I am buried in this house I'm rehabbing for re-sale.

I hoped to be right up there with you all but it looks like it'll be mid January before I can get them done! I'm soo happy so many of you are on top of it and have them done! I think this will be the BEST exchange of all of them!

Bonnie! SASHING, BORDERS, ETC. That's what you can use your stash for! or backing! How kool is that?

Melora Neminski, Elizabeth Pukerand, Karen Simons, Peggy Lucas, Bev Hogan, Janice Davis, Bobbi Patillo, Coleen O'Kane, Jen Ward, Karen Lesueur, Margie Wakefield, Jolene Kneemiller, Bonnie Botts, Bobbi Brady, Jeanne Rumans, Shannon Kratochvil and a special international block for Sylvia.....made in Australia by a Fin lol :P

The above mentioned Swinging 30's Swappers can now be on the lookout for a block from me!

I've just returned from the post office, all blocks have been carefully prepared for their long journey and are on their way. I would be ever so grateful if you could let me know when they arrive in your letter box.

Sending a huge thank you to Dianne. Every one of my block's has some very special fabric in it :)

And Many thanks to Teresa, You've done a fab job :) :) :)

Cheers and happy sewing

Satu, who is looking forward to receiving her 30's treasures in the mail

Hi everyone,

I have finished two blocks. I had real trouble finding the real pastely fabrics and the blocks I chose have a large variety so I wanted to post these pictures and see if any of you have a problem with any of the fabrics I am using or do you think they are okay? I picked all the bright fabrics out of the collection I bought and then did all the cutting, but when I started making the blocks some looked a little darker than others so I thought I would check with you all because if there is one you think is too bright you can let me know and I can replace it with one that fits your scheme.

Here are the ladies on my list.

Laura Hendrickson, Susanne Hughes, Rita Kipatrick, Maree Ratcliff, Cindy Lowe, Kristie Watson, Marylynn Jones, Celia Swan, Sue O'Brien, Denise Cornett, Laura Kroeker, April Wright, Marlette Lousin, Karen Bennet, Gerri Smit, and Nadia Wilson. - If any of you ladies have a problem with any of the fabrics can you let me know which one so I can replace it with another.

post--13461900967803_thumb.jpg

Karen,

I received your beautiful block today. Thank you for the Australian patchwork magazine and the other materials you sent with it! How thoughtful of you.

My blocks are finished also. I need to get them signed and ready to mail. Some of my fabrics actually are old fabrics, not reproductions. I found them (yards) at a thrift store and got them for a ridiculously low price. Funny what is so valuable to us means nothing to others.

Archived