PIctures of New Year's blocks

chickenscratch

Hi Bonnie

I am on your list and love both blocks. If I had a choice it would be the one on the left, but having said that I can see a lovely swirly quilting pattern in the centre of the right one. Now I am confused...

Whichever one you decide to send is fine with me. I love them both.

Cheers

Karen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now back to business. Originally the block was done like the one on the left. However, there is an excessive amount of wasted fabric because of the square-in-a-square. That's why I decided to try it reversed. I'd lots rather waste muslin than that precious 30's fabric. So, for that fact alone, I may just make them all like the one on the right. UNLESS anyone objects. Thanks for your help.

I love all of the blocks I have received. I was sending notification by U2U but I suppose I need to let everyone online know how I love their beautiful blocks. They are from Bonnie Botts, Jeanne Rumans, Marylyn Jones, Celia Swann, and Roberta Wright.

I am so sorry I did not let you know through the forum and only on U2U. Thank you so much for the hard work, I will cherish them always.

Sue O'Brien

Thanks PattyJo! Yes, it's a pin that I found on another site that I frequent. I like it because it makes me smile every time I look at it! Thanks for noticing! :)

I wish we were having snowman making snow. Right now we have small sleet on the ground and really cold weather. Not good for anything.

Last night we just helped our son fix his furnace that hasn't worked all winter. We really planned on letting him deal with it, but finally offered help that he was really happy for. It's hard to not step in and help when everything is going wrong for your child (he's 29) But we've been having such cold weather that we felt that this was the time to step in and help. He and his roommates have been staying in their bedrooms with spaceheaters.

Thanks Teresa!

I wish I could too! LOL.... I was probably a bit backward about it, but I pinned pinned pinned as if I was setting a sleeve.... I'm sending you an email!!!

By the way, for all my complaining, I'm happy I made that block for so many of you and wish I had the time and energy to send them to everyone... (I don't) but U2U me if you want a copy of the pattern!

Originally posted by shadows4

I wish we were having snowman making snow. Right now we have small sleet on the ground and really cold weather. Not good for anything.

Last night we just helped our son fix his furnace that hasn't worked all winter.

Jeanne,

We have plenty of snow up here in the Northeast to share! We are getting at least a foot today! I wish I could say it will be a sew day but my university isn't closing. No surprise there. I'll be working at home though. I don't mind driving in the snow but there are plenty of idiots out there that scare the crap out of me! LOL in the last hour about 6 or 8 accidents have been reported and the rush won't be starting for another hour or so. Nope not going to even deal with it. The commute that takes me 25 minutes on a good day would take 2 hours. I brought all my work home with me! Wish I could just have a quilt day! I've got my son's wedding quilt loaded and I need lots of hours to get it quilted!

Heidi:

Let me rephrase that: If we have to get something, I'd rather it be the snowman making kind!!:D:D I guess I'd better be careful what I ask for, huh? We've had enough of the low temps, and here it's the bone chilling type. I know....I'm whining, others have it worse. I hope you don't end up having to get out in that mess. Is Bonnie getting it too? You all be safe!

I'm anxious to see your son's quilt. Pictures when it's done????

Hi all you in the storm-line. We've gotten at least 6 inches and probably more. It's hard to tell since we still had about 5 left from the last 18 we got.

I'm thankful we don't have the ice and I feel for all those who do.

I'm back to cleaning, clearing out & organizing my sewing room and fabric closet.

Happy quilting ya'll

Hi everyone. I thought I should let you know I've been on vacation for a week now, and we won't be home for another month, so I don't know which blocks have arrived. I did receive one beautiful block from Marylyn before we left. Thank you! If anyone needs to know (before the end of February) whether or not their blocks have arrived at my house, please U2U me, and I'll have someone go thru my mail at home and let you know. Thanks.

I had hoped to have my blocks mailed out before we left, but finally talked myself into packing instead. That was tough.

We are in Ellenton, Florida, just south of Tampa. Any must see places here? Amazing quilt shops, teachers, shows? I met Cliff Monk last Sunday. Used to work with Gammils. Very talented man.

Hope you;re all having a wonderful day. Laura:)

Archived