Lenni table problem

Hi

I just had to jump in...I am still so discouraged with my machine I could cry. I am sorry to hear you are all having issues with your machine but at least I know I am not going crazy since I am having the same issues. I don't understand, if everyone is contacting APQS about the problem why so many are still having problems! My issue has been going on since Oct. and I have lost several customers. VERY SCARY especially with this economy. APQS is sending me some "weights" to put on the front of the carriage, and replacing my take up roller which will not stop dipping in the center (two peice). I guess I will keep trying to get the issue taken care of....what choice do I have. Miss Jacque

Miss Jacques

Same story here got my Lenni in August got the one piece table and not had any problem at all. Everything is level, smooth and works great. Hope you can get something resolved as it is very upsetting to not be able to do what you want and need to do on a quilt. Jeanne

Thanks guys:) Well after many calls to APQS I hinted about the switching didn't seem like that was something they were willing to do. OH well You Live and learn. If the new pole does not fix the problem I guess I will be stuck with very expensive coat rack:(:( thanks for listening. miss jacque

Miss Jacque,

I'm sorry you are having problems with your Lenni Table and I can't be of any assistance there since I don't have one but I will tell you that APQS stands behind their product and they will make it right. Sorry I know it is really frustrating when you can't make it right. There are lots of people here willing to try to lend a hand.

Hi, I bought it from APQS, it was a few years old, the table was brand new. and believe me I have squawked. Now i find out there was a mix-up and the pole and the weights I have been waiting all week for didn't get shipped untill I called to see why I didn't get it, its going to ANOTHER week before I can use my machine. Am I the only one that has problems with this company or is expecting to be able to use my machine that i paid for asking too much. Sorry but this is just so darn frustrating. Seems like everytime I call, I am told they will get back to me, I wait a few days, call back and start the process over... just seems like a waste not to be able to use it...

One guy said I could get my money back But I already sold my other long arm. What to do what to do.....Miss jacque

I think if this pole and weights don't work you HAVE TO ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK, I understand you already sold your other long arm, but you can't go on like this, even though you have a long arm now, it is not a success.

I have had issues with my Lennie, I had to sand the heck out of my plastic track (I HATE THIS PLASTIC TRACK) and add washers to all four of the machine wheels to get them to riding properly. I still have a resistance when I am trying to move the machine in certain spots - and mostly diagonal moves. I feel that I have resolved the machine issues the best I can and that this remaining resistance is a result of my inexperience to long arm quilting. However, because I am new to long arm, I don't really know. I am hoping to have a professional quilter and APQS rep here (paying for this) to make sure the machine is okay and that it is me.

I feel your pain, I cried a few times, I PAID 10K for the thing and expected it to just be perfect, to me 10K is a lot of money.

Best wishes,

Tammy

Miss Jacque, if you can't get your table fixed, I have an idea for you. The new lenni will pop onto the old wooden tables that go with the Ult II. In many cases, those who have a Ult II are trading up to the Lenni (as I think that the trade in is like $3500) and APQS isn't asking for the tables back. Maybe you could work something out with someone? If I had the money to trade in right now for a Lenni, I would be happy to have someone come and get my table. Also, maybe you could just get a replacement roller that doesn't break down. If the roller is defective, APQS should replace it. I hope everything works out for you. Sorry for your bad luck!

Well another problem...They sent the new pole (a one piece) and it is made completely different that the old one and it does not fit. The length is right but the way the ends fit into the end brackets are different. The steel weight they made and sent drags on the plastic track. No way to adjust it. ) I am sure their solutions for this will be to grind it down, so I will run out to my metal shop and do that real quick;)) Yeah right! As far as getting my money back.. that is a tough one. See even though I have been doing long arm quilting for over 5 years, I have just had my business for two years, I am already having to turn away customers that want pantos because of how the machine acts from the back, and with the economy I can't afford to lose the customers I have established. Some customers have agreed to let me do meandering and light custom from the front but, but they only want to pay for pantos, which means I work more for much less. Some customers just palain don't want anything but the panto and are using a longarmer in the next town over. I am cheaper so hopefully when I get this (IF) fixed they will come back. I wish I were one of the people that could say they love their machine and think APQS is wonderful, but so far:(:(:(. I am sure my waranty will run out before the solution is found.

Hi

thanks everyone for all the support. I really hope that APQS comes through. It seems they are trying now, and hopefully I can get this situation fixed.

PLEASE don't get me wrong I am not bad mouthing APQS, In fact what little bit I have gotten to use my machine I do like it, It is just the table I hate, Or at least that is what seems to be causing all the trouble. Unlike some people who are new at long arm quilting I have done it off and on for many years, and quite steady for the last 5, and have used a an old Kenquilt and a newer kenquilt, and never had any problems adjusting. This one just seems to have a mind of it's own and will just take off. The best way I can discribe it is to say if you have ever been tracing something on your cutting mat and ran out if mat and had the pencil jerk and go the other way that is what the machine seems to do in certain spots and usually on the diagonal, but only from the back of the machine. I can do fine from the from the front. can even do feathers and flowers and stuff with no problems, it is just when I go the the back to do Pantos that the machine does this. I personally think it has to do with the plastic track and the way the wheel base is on the machine in perpotion to the table. Seems like if the wheels were further apart and table a little wider the machine would not tip and be less "squirrlie" for lack of a better word. Anyway The pole and the weights are being re-sent, so hopefully I will soon know if it fixes the problem or if I am back to square one...Thanks for letting me vent....Jacque

Miss Jacques

I feel your pain and can understand how frustrating it must be for you.

I think I know what you mean about jerking, as though it has hit a bump. I had the same problem but my table was level. I think it has more to do with the combination of the rails and wheels. I also sanded my rails extensively to try and rid it of the problem which did minimise it but not totally.

What did it for me was putting the edgerider wheels on. The machine felt lcompletely different , smooth and gliding as it should, which is why I think it is a wheel/track problem.

As much as I have been impressed for the most part with APQS, there have clearly been some recurrent issues, in this department, with the Lenni set up (moreso with the two piece table and nylon rails) and my impression is that APQS have dragged their heels in sorting it which can only harm their customer service reputation.

When I am ready to upgrade (and I will be) I will certailnly think long and hard over issues such as these.

Also, I wish I had had the choice of a one or two piece table. I think APQS should offer customers the choice of changing to the one piece table at a special rate. Why was it two piece anyway? Who in the world would assemble and disassemble it each time they use it, like a sewing machine? I have taken mine down once and it was just as much of a mission. Does anyone out there put their machine up and down and store it as suggested under the bed or in a cupboard??

Any machine is a lot of money to spend and were you to spend that amount on any other item you would expect inherent problems to be sorted double quick by the ccompany concerned,

I think you are right. I notice there are "areas" that the machine is jerky and yet some places are very smooth. I love the machine its self it is just this stupid table. I can actually feel bumps and rough spots on the plastic rail if I run my hand across it. I thought we sanded it enough, maybe not! How much sanding ( i know it is hard to discribe) did you do?

Also is there a difference in the track on the one and two piece table or do both have the plastic track? I have been told there is and then told there is not. I have no idea why they sent me the 2 piece. When I spoke with Bob I told him I had a business and had a place. I was not expecting a two piece. And when it came the instructions were for the 1 piece. I know they are changing the poles again as they just sent me a new one and it is not black like the other ones. I mentioned it to the guy I am working with and he said they no not powder coat now, but he does not realize how funny the machine looks with 3 black poles and 1 silver. It just makes the whole situation more stressful.

I hope the new parts come soon I am so tired of this. I think anyone considering a new machine should ask very specific questions and make sure they know what they are getting. I would not recommend the 2 piece table to anyone.

I probably sanded my rails about 4/5 times and still could not get rid of the bumpy feeling. In the end (as suggested by APQS) I used coarse paper to sand with and it did improve but still not as much as I expected it to.

The rails on the one-piece table are a continuous metal track. When I had to move my machine recently, I did not fully dismantle the table as one would have to remove that offending nylon track which with all the problems it has caused, I am reluctant to do. I will have to at some stage soon because my machine is to move into my newly built studio, so I am dreading that!

Congrats on the new studio. Sounds like FUN!

Yeah I thought the rails were different. I went to an APQS dealer here and the guy said I should just ask them to exchange the table because the metal track was better. Even they had issues with the two piece table. When I talked to Jim he said they were the same that both had the plastic rail. All the LA machines i have used have had a metal or aluminuim rail. Much better that this plastic one.

I Know what ya mean about not wanting to take the plastic out, They suggested I take it out and Shim the table, but there was no way I was going to risk having more problems than what I already have. I think I will call and just flat out ask them to exchange the table...May not do it but they might. Well you have a great day! Jacque

Miss Jacque, On my two piece rollers, Roland had to actually bring in a very heavy hammer and slam the two pieces together to get them to stay tight and not sag. On my old critter, no name, very old stretched machine.. we went and got "top rail fence Poles" to use and they didn't sag at all. Might be possible to have someone drill the holes to put the smaller pieces of hardware in as theya re in the current rollers. I don't understand though, do you have the one or two piece table. If one piece, why are they still sending out two piece rollers.?? Trouble starting up by me again? Nope, just an honest, don't understand it type of question.

RitaR

Just had another reminder last night about the machine catching when sewing.. It ended up it was our power cord catching on the carriage and table. Once he taped so it went up to the top of the machine, then to a bungie cord attached near the ceiling on the wall, and back down to the serge protector, that stopped.

Sure praying for a good solution.. I know how frustrating it can be and is to try to do a good job and something other than you makes it near impossible.

Good Luck.

RitaR

Ok here are both answers. I have a two piece table. The pole is put together right it just sags a little in the center which may or may not have anything to do with the jerkiness in the machine. I am affraid it will cause the quilt to roll uneven. They sent the one piece because I think it would not bow ?????? just a guess.

I Have not noticed the cord catching, but do think it being so heavy is probably a factor I may try to tape it up and see if that helps.

I am so glad I have found this forum It at least gives me moral supports Thanks to all!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Chris,

I have sanded the heck out of my plastic track and I am still experiencing some really jerky spots, where the machine just does what it wants, despite my death grip on her!!

In one of your postings you stated "What did it for me was putting the edgerider wheels on. The machine felt lcompletely different , smooth and gliding as it should, which is why I think it is a wheel/track problem." , can you please take a minute to explain to me what the edgrider wheels are and what did it take for for you to get them from APQS?

THANKS!!!

Tammy Isennock

Archived