Girl Power - Quilt stencils

Loes

Veldhoven is really close to us (45 minutes drive), so that would certainly be doable!

I'll talk to my private tour operator (Theo). We can certainly work out something.

We will start a new thread tomorrow to find if more people would be interested in a workshop here in Holland.

Good night!

Loes

Hi everyone,

For those of you interested in seeing how I made that "rose" pattern used for the stencil in this thread, please take a look at my new blog post at AnnTheGran.com:

http://www.annthegran.com/cs/blogs/making-digitizing-easier/archive/2009/01/09/it-takes-time-to-save-time.aspx

In the images you can see how I used a background image to create my rose. You can also see that you can "trace" a background image in Pre-Design Studio as freely as you wish, and create a totally unique design. That background image in the article and for the stencil was just a help, to make my own design.

And from the images you can also see that I didn't have to draw many points to get those nice clean lines.

Heidi: my AnnTheGran.com article is loaded with tips how to save time, so just follow them all and get those 5 free extra hours a day, easy!!

Loes

post--13461900983748_thumb.jpg

Great stuff, Loes. I went over and watched that tutorial. I received a dremel a couple years ago as a gift. I am going to drag that out and make a stencil.

I love that shape you made (previous photo on this thread). Big puffy leaves and graceful flower. That isn't a coffee shop cup like we saw at the class at MQS 2008, is it? LOL.

I saw that you added some classes at MQS this year. What fun. Your classes last year had me looking at scrollwork, manhole covers and everything else in a whole different light.

It was a great class.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Linda!

Today I read a post by "doodlebug" where she uses Mylar to draw freehand quilt ideas over a quilt (super idea!!). She included a link to special quilt stencil material in her post.

That same material is also perfect for the method to create quilt stencils with a dremel or an embroidery machine of course:

http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/notions_display.asp?i=2089

Loes

(working on the new classes for MQS2009 right now.

Linda, we have an entirely new set of photos to get inspired, so you will be looking at other objects after our class :) The drawing for the rose stencil is made on the basis of our garden table, made of tiles from portugal.

• 3 years later...

Archived