victoriasews

2 Dresden plates done and 3 more to go

I have 4 dresden plates from one customer and another from a different customer. Here are pictures of 2. Any other suggestions for quilting the other 3?

post--13461900984029_thumb.jpg

www.webshots.com/user/victoriasews

www.Fiberobsessive.blogspot.com

Innova and Intelliquilter

Victoria - I love that sashing in the first one. Both are gorgeous.

Linda Card

APQS Chat Member since August 2005

Ramona Quilter Longarm Quilting Service (Retired Dec 2013)
Gammill Optimum Plus (sold to a friend Dec 2013)
Ramona, CA (Moved to Central Texas Sep 2014)

My webshots site: http://community.webshots.com/user/legcard (not active)
Blog site: http://ramona-quilter-big-dream.blogspot.com/ (not updated in months)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

I think you do great with your own ideas. These are beautiful!!!

Sandra

Sandra Guilbeau, M. Ed.

Denham Springs, Louisiana

APQS -- Sales.Service.Education

Certified Superior Threads Educator

225-715-5524 cell

Beautiful quilting on both. You'll be a Dresden plate pro by the time you're done.

57409FADFD4C1B52B69B3CFEC6B5525F.png

Millennium "My Harley"

Pensacola, Fl

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams

Originally posted by victoriasews ...Any other suggestions for quilting the other 3?

Well, I say why stop when you already have something good going on? These are exquisitely beautiful. You make my heart go pitter patter, Viki! WOW!!

The first one looks freehand but, is the second one done with computer or freehand. It really doesn't matter how you did these because they are awesome. Just ....wow!!! :)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

I like what I see, and I agree you are doing just fine without any help....they are very pretty.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

The fist one is all freehand. The second one is freehand except the frame around the Dresden Plate. I also clipped the flower from the frame and put it in the center. I cc'd the blades. I think you can do that on IQ, too, but I don't know how yet. Besides, I'll never be able to give up the freehand stuff. It's just too much darn fun.

WOW!! I love both of them. You really did a fantastic job, and I can't wait to see what you do to the third one. Your customer is very lucky to have you doing quilting them. They really are beautiful and I don't know which one I love better.

Renae

6F08E927BA88F0E092527260A5A17ADB.png

402-649-8606

Quilting Quarters

Norfolk, NE 68701

renaeg@cableone.net

http://community.webshots.com/user/nebquilter

Viki,

Here is a link to a dresden plate that Kimmy Brunner did on her webshots. Might give you another idea...

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1512586786039390773HOaidk

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Viki, I think your quilting is beautiful. Even though they are the same block, you made them each a beauty on their own. I'm thinking that you have they eye to make them all individual masterpiece!! Just go for it. So far, you've nailed it.:cool:

C9C76B5257D2C02397F9A72A2E02FC3D.png

APQS Millennium with Smooth M&M Wheels

Pat Noonan Design Studio, Custom Quilting

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Shana,

Thanks for the site. I think I might try that one. That's alot of feathers! Luckily I like doing feathers.

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments. I just love getting stroked.