TO ALL BLOCK SWAP PARTICIPANTS-Don't read this if it is going to make you mad

chickenscratch

SINCE I'M CATCHING CRAP FOR NOT GIVING A CORRECT ADDRESS FOR SOMEBODY I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HAD CHANGED ADDRESSES, I'M GOING TO SAY WHAT I WANT TO SAY AND GET IT OFF MY CHEST.

QUIT BEING DEADBEATS! YOU SIGNED UP FOR THIS, YOU PROMISED. MANY, MANY BLOCKS WERE MAILED OUT IN DECEMBER. THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE POST OFFICE HAS LOST OVER 30 BLOCKS.

DO THE RIGHT THING AND THANK THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SENT YOU SOMETHING. If you don't want to make yours even though you've received them, let me know. I will make them to be sure everybody gets 16; but don't expect to be included in the next one.

OKAY- FINISHED B****ING!! Lots of love to those of you who have played nice. The next one will be done right. I've talked to several people with neat ideas about how to make it work better.

Teresa, don't take this stuff personal. You've done an outstanding job and I know that myself and so many others appreciate all you've done for us to get and keep this going. Unfortunately there are inconsiderate people out there. And we've always given quilters such high regards.

Chin up and brush this off - the rest of us will play nice and have a blast in this swap!

Hi Teresa

I echo everything everyone has says, being a newbie to this forum and my first block swap I am in awe of you and the work you put into these. I am still excited to be a part of this and will be patiently waiting for my squishy envelopes. I would also sign up for the next one in a heart beat.

Head raised, chest puffed, shoulders back and remember that there most of us would be lost without you.

OK off my soapbox and back to the mud, they say it is good for the skin but I am over it.

Cheers

Karen

Hi Teresa, I know nothing about these things, however, I thought this block exchange was extremely well organized and I am so happy to participate. Many thanks to you and what you do! Please don't let this put you off in the future. I am having a blast with this. Not only am I putting together my international quilt from this block exchange, I am , like Sylvia, making another quilt from the bow tie pattern. When you put your heart and soul into this block exchange like you did, it can be hard when some are thoughtless As Joleen says, try not to take it personally and know that many of us are so grateful.

Gloria

Its really hard not to take it personal when you have been on the short end of the stick before...and Teresa and so many of us have been....depending on how this one ends up it very well could be my last time to play.

ALL of the exchanges I have been in I have been left without all the blocks I have been promised, and each time Teresa and some of the others have picked up the slack and made sure those of us short didn't go without. AND THAT ISN'T FAIR or nice......please guys don't let Teresa down this time...she puts to much into this for that.

P.S. ya know what grips me the worst...is that we helped those others get a quilt top and they didn't even have to lift a finger..... Shame on those who have done this in the past.

Teresa, this time if someone fails to get all her blocks would you contact me and allow me to help make extras for those left out? I would be happy to do this, honestly. First, I want to participate in another exchange and secondly, I want great people like you and Bonnie to continue with these. I have gotten enough enjoyment out of this already to have made it worth my while. Please call on me. :)

Hey, Bonnie...nice picture!! I need to add one that actually looks like me :o

I've only done one blockswap and ended up short by one block. I didn't think that was so bad, since I did get all of the others and they're still not put together!

Teresa, I'm with you. When people commit, they need to follow through or there shold be consequences. The consequences being that they are not allowed to participate in another swap. Its only fair that everyone who signs on complete what they signed on for.

You are doing a terrific job to put this all together. Keep up the good work!

Teresa, you have done a terriffic job at putting this all together. I for one appreciate all the work you do for us so that we can have fun. Anyone not doing their blocks but keeping the ones they recieve is beyond belief. When we sign up we are making a promise to everyone on this board that we will do our part.

I have my blocks done but haven't signed them yet. I hope to get them into the mail by the end of the week. I love the squishies I have received to date. They are beautiful and done with such care.

Pamela

Teresa you have done an absolutely wonderful job. I know it isn't easy. We love and appreciate all of the time you take away from other things to do this.

I mailed all my blocks Jan. 23rd, except for one returned and its back in todays mail.

I have plenty of fabric left so if you need me to make more blocks just say the word.

PamH

Its great that all of you have stepped up to fill the possible holes in some of our lists....but by doing that you are making it easier for the those who may or maynot run into trouble say: "Why worry someone else will do it".....I want everyone here to be accountable for their own actions. Yes we have till May to get things done...and some will need all that time....but at least those who haven't even started please let those of us who are on your list know your intents and where you are at in the making process.

Just because I finished mine so early doesn't mean everyone else does, but it would be nice to have shout outs from the others who haven't made a peep since signing up for this...where are you in the process, what fabrics have you decided on...what blocks are you making...we all are wondering if you are even out there. HELLOOOOOO you know who you are...make some noise...and be heard.:cool::P;);)

Just wanted to add my PEEP here. I have my pieces cut out and ready for a day off without grandkids to sew and press. Apparently I don't follow the chat close enough to figure out who isn't doing the right thing but I think if you're grown up enough to sign on for a project, you should just put on your big girls panties and get on with the job.

BIG, BIG THANK YOU to Teresa for all of her hard work on organizing this. My first swap wasn't very successful as I made/sent 50 blocks and only received 23. I'm so hoping this one works better.

Oh I want to reply and see how fast I can get deleted....Lets see I did put up I was making pineapple blocks. I did try to post later to forget that and I was making every block I could get my hands on...But alas my computer died....Well here we go somemore!!!!!!!!!!

Go read what I put about my address...TRY reading the thing first before anyone replies

Now where have I been??? ONE STAYING away from those that TOLD me to in between the hospitals surgery...

LOng term nursing home interviews for my husband....

HAVE I MADE any blocks??? What the heck else do you do sitting in a blessed wheelchair all day???

WILL I POST when I get a friend??? to drive to post office and mail them for me NO I dont need to be told to shut up anymore!

Thanks!

I'm sorry if my "neener neener neener" was taken on a sour note. Notice the very smiley face, tongue sticking out beside it? That's my childish way of saying this is so much fun, let's keep the bright side up and encourage one another to stay in the game.

Liz, you sound like you are having a struggle. I will pray for you and hope you will overcome your hardship and be able to enjoy the block swap as it was intended to be enjoyed. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. There are other issues in life more important than this block swap. Just keep in touch, OK?

Actually, I thought life was looking a bit better and not so much of a struggle. However, When I let someone know I received their block and sure maybe I poked a bit of fun about it....but mostly I was so happy and yes a tiny bit shocked I got it with name spelling (it's foreign! wasn't screaming geesh) and she also put the wrong state on it. My son was here and we were laughing and carrying on after a very long dark time. The "zippies" became a highlight of my day.

Then to have someone come on and yell at me! It wasn't even read, he/she saw it and yelled omg she moved and didn't let me know....That totally isn't right.

I realized you have been ragging and carrying on about me so the first chance you attacked. Thanks!

My main reason for posting was to let someone know I received her block and how totally pleased I was. The block is gorgeous and what's more it actually got here. It did get lost but that seems to be my neighbor somewhat...I live on a training route and it was delivered to same house number but not right street...So WHO the heck isn't happy it got here?

NO ONE but the lady I THANKED IS...She is ONLY one that actually read it and saw the "funny".

This exchange was arranged and done nicely. I can't say I agree at all with the delivery. This delivery type causes all this policing and yep enemy making policies.

Now who did I get in December,,, Ill know within a couple more days and ILL be sure to send them a U2U. I am not giving anyone any more reason to attack. I'm sorry I haven't been home long enough with everything else going on to check the horrid mound of boxes full of mail yet.

You know just because I couldn't be here everyday telling you exactly everything going on in my life, OR whining to you all as I was told it is, I don't feel is a reason to be attacked!

Actually, I had decided not to be posting about the same time just because of the attacking of people on here.

It may take up to another week to get those blocks labeled and PICKED up for mailing ...

But you know I have been making blocks for MY ladies on MY list and I refuse to let this hateful stuff stop me!

Please all of you who like talking about me etc etc,,,take me off your list of people to receive your blocks.

Now don't go fretting that I'm not living up to my end...But I won't be posting again...MY ladies get their blocks! I have been in maybe 50 such exchanges and never failed. I have never seen such delivery though before, I guess that's why everyone is mad.

I'm sorry some of you are upset...this is mt 3rd swap and I think it's been handled extremely well...on that note, I don't read every post because they don't affect me...I do acknowledge the blocks I receive and truly intend to keep up my part of the bargain...on that note, I need to let you know that the dog did

Archived