TO ALL BLOCK SWAP PARTICIPANTS-Don't read this if it is going to make you mad

chickenscratch

Hi All!

Just wanted to chime in and say Teresa you have done a great job putting this together. This is my first time playing and I love it!! All of my blocks have been mailed and as of now I am only waiting for two people to reply, but hey, they have until May so no problem with me. I have received five blocks and love all of them. I do want to be included in the next swap and will definitely use sturdier envelopes to mail them in.

No matter how hard Teresa works if folks don't honor their commitment its spoiled, I stopped swapping, because people just don't play well. Its pretty sad when you send out over 50 blocks and get back 17, I always expect a few to get lost but thats just not even close,

Its very hard for the hostess and very sad for her as well. I don't get why so many folks sign up and don't follow through with their promise and I don't know how they can enjoy the blocks they are getting knowing they have not reciepicated.

I get sometimes life happens and you can't swap--but few of these people ever take the time to send the hostess a quick note to say whats happened or even attempt at returning the blocks they get.

Keep up the good work Teresa I hope swappers will hear your frustrations and be honorable!

I thought the deadline was May 31??? As of now my blocks are in the thinking stage--but that doesn't mean I am not committed to doing my part!! I just usually wait until the last minute to do anything!!! Isn't that what a deadline is for??

Don't worry anybody who is on my list--you will get your blocks--but not until closer to spring.

thanks--Terri

Wow, I must have missed something. I didn't know someone's feathers got ruffled. I think Teresa has done a fabulous job of organizing all this. It's not her fault if someone who has made the commitment to join, receives but doesn't follow through on sending out their blocks. We should just not let them join any future exchanges.

I've had a blast with these. This is the 3rd one I've done. I'm still missing a block from each of the other exchanges. Some people just don't play fair. It seems there's always at least one. All-in-all....only having to make one block myself for the full set is okay. The blocks I rec'd have been beautiful.

I'm sending the 30's blocks tomorrow. Got snowed in, so what better to do than sew.

Kudo's to Teresa and I don't mind her B........ing! Although I've found that the people it's aimed at don't care and it doesn't really affect them. Others shouldn't take offense 'cause it's not aimed at them. I've been on this forum for years and I've yet to feel anyone's attacking. I guess I better read the posts closer. Maybe not. I like the group!

See, that's why I said Don't read this if it is going to make you mad. Now everybody's all upset and I was just trying to point out that people need to follow through and thank the ones who send them blocks.

PLEASE- don't rush to get your blocks done. You have plenty of time. Just post to let us know where you are in the process; and post thank you's as you receive blocks in the mail.

I did not participate in the current block exchange due to being personally overwhelmed with life stuff going on. I love 30s blocks, but knew my time was too limited to enjoy making the blocks, so I didn't join.

I did participate in the "Friendship" block exchange, the "Birthday" block exchange and the "Christmas" block exchange. I just wanted to put my 2 cents in here and say how pleased I was with Teresa's organizational skills and how happy I was to receive blocks from my APQS friends. And yes, I didn't get all of my blocks - even Steven, but I was fortunate to get most of them.

I really think communication is the key. I received several blocks late...but, I received e-mails, U2Us and even a phone call from people saying they were sorry about being late, but they had personal problems which delayed their piecing, BUT, they just wanted to say they would send the blocks soon. Wonderful! That's all I needed to hear, and those people did make good on their committments.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to say it.

Sandy

Here's a thought--next time there is a swap set up, announce the size, type, and number of blocks needed along with a deadline.

Then DON'T take names.

When the deadline passes, then the people who have their blocks ready to go can sign up. That way you are sure to get back 12 if you send 12.

It will definitely cut down on the number of participants, but that seems to be the problem!!

Just a thought on how to cut down on the stress for the organizer (bless you, Teresa) and the disappointment of shorted players.

Good Grief!!! I thought I followed things pretty well but I, along with a few otherss, must have missed some real action.!

Teresa, You've done a great job! I have posted my thank you for the 4 blocks I've received. Didn't know posting the block we were doing was a requirement. Something else I missed I guess.

Anyway, I haven't decided yet if I'll do Dresden Plate, SunSue, or Old Maids Puzzle variation. I don't want anyone to telling me not to make a Sunbonnet Sue. It's a 30's block and if you really don't want one then I won't send it but I'm not doing "custom work". This is supposed to be fun and I enjoy doing the blocks.

My fabrics are all washed and ready to go. All my people will receive their blocks before the deadline.

Liz, sorry to hear about all that's going on in your life. I do hope you have a chance to rest soon.

I'm missing 3 blocks from Christmas but I don't feel bad after hearing about you all who made 50 and got less than half in return! OUCH! I would be really P....D. I surely wouldn't be so eager to sign up again.

Now, let's all go take a deep breath and smile...it doesn't give you as many wrinkles:)

Hi Marlette

I am on your list and excited to receive and cherish whichever block you decide to make. I'm also a little puzzled or must have missed something, I thought everyone was playing nice and having fun.:P:P:P:P:P:P

SO to everyone on the forum from your friend down under who has just gone through the worst flood in 60 years (still cleaning up the mud:(:( )and with bushfires claiming so many innocent lives here in Australia, its time to remember that this is a block swap among friends:D. Please all just take a deep breath and think before we vent, it saddens me to hear some of the comments made.

Karen

Thanks Teresa. I'm glad I didn't miss one of the requests for "playing".

Double those ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))), Karen. Having visited your beautiful country I feel especially sad to know the pain and sorrow that so many there are experiencing. I was also surprised to hear that people were allowed to decide when it was time to leave their homes where the fires were raging.

Unexperienced persons just don't realize all the factors that can change a fires direction and advancement.

My sister lives in MT and we have a family condo there on Flathead Lake in the NW part just south of Glacier.

@ summers ago there were 5 fires around us and 3 by my sister 1 1/2 hours away. The smoke was really bad

and severall roads were closed because of it and the proximity of fire.

People are required to have brush and trees cleared away from their homes in most areas and if a fire is within 1/4 mile (I think) anything flammable on the windows or cloth furniture must be taken away from the window area. Fire fighters go around and make people leave in threatened areas.

Hi Marlette,

The problems where not that there were fires, people can deal with those............. these were extreme firestorms, un-predictable and so fast, they could not be outrun. By the time many knew there was a fire on the way, it was way too late to try and evacuate.

Most of the people in these areas burned, had fire plans. Plans designed between people who live in those areas and the fire departments. People plan how they are going to defend their homes, what equipment is needed etc Nothing could have predicted the verocity of these blazes. What is also inconceivable, is that many were deliberately lit!! Many of the destroyed towns are now treated as murder/crime scenes.

There will be many questions asked, especially since the "greenies" over here had so much influence in stopping hazzard reduction burns and the clearing of vegetation. There will also be many questions about the building construction methods used. A lot of areas will not be allowed to re-build until the standards have been re-assessed, I think.

In the meantime, we can only pray and show our support for those that have lost everything and plan on it never happening again.

Regards

Hi Susanna, Satu, Karen, Sue and all of my Aussie friends... I have been thinking of all of you every day. Please know that my heart breaks for you and your fellow friends, neighbors and citizens. I cannot even begin to imagine how devestating this is. I continue you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope that some good things come from this horrible tragedy.

(((sending a hug over the airwaves))) Your friend in the the other side of the world...where it is still snow and winter but shows some signs that spring is on the way!!

Shana

Archived