Ultimate 2

Shelly L

I bought an Ultimate 2 from APQS on ebay. I have used a hq sixteen for a couple of years. I am looking to buy an extender base. Can someone give me a basic beginners list of tools that won't blow my budget! I am not planning to do this professionally, just for home use.

Thank you, Shelly

Welcome Shelly!

Bonnie is an expert on lots of things, but especially the Ultimate II.

Just to start, you will need screwdrivers--a phillips and slot head regular size, and a smaller slot head for adjusting the bobbin case tension.

Something to dust the table and wipe down the rails.

Oil--clear machine oil with a spout applicator is easiest to use.

Small scissors or snippers to cut thread.

I hope you get some goodies with the machine--thread, maybe some pantos or patterns, etc.

Everything else is subjective--all the rulers, patterns, templates, markers, chalk, pattern boards, etc are only necessary when you decide they are. Get your feet wet with lots of practice and you will find your way. This forum has archives and search features that will give lots of opinions and advice on who-likes-what. If you have time before your new addition arrives, get a cuppa something and a snack and start reading--the adventure awaits!!

And of course Bonnie is here with her marvelous experience she is happy to share!

Archived