Millie's in northern MN??

I've taken the plunge but getting cold feet. I"ve been researching the past month wanting to get a long arm and planning to someday get to a show where I can test drive the Gammill and Millennium. Then along comes an ad for Green Millenniums at $10,000. I called and put down $500.00. The quilt shops in my rural area all have Gammills and think I'm crazy.

I'm looking for a Millennium in northern Minnesota or Grand Forks, ND area so I can try one out. I've learned alot here and I'm hoping for some help.

Ann

Dear Ann: I so relate to how you feel right now. I was in that position 3 months ago. Put the 500 down and almost lost it.... I don't know anyone nearby who has a milli, but stuck with the decision I had made and just steered straight ahead. My family put it together, the DVD was great and I'm very happy to be practicing, practicing, practicing. I have met one other person who is near where my daughter lives in NC, very helpful. This forum is great to help with questions and doubts, and have found almost every one admits to being a little "awed" through the process. I have a brother who is a mechanical engineer, he was quite impressed with the "guts" of the Milli, I had looked at Gammill for over 5 years. I guess the people at APQS were the deciding factor for me. There aren't any dealers within` about 6 hrs. drive from me, but I never feel alone... They are really great.

I hope you can test drive a Milli soon, but know that they are great machines, I'm having the time of my life learning mine!

I'd say you have made a good investment in considering a Millennium whether you have used one or not. You will not be disappointed with the ease of use and ease of maintenance. You can use any thread out there, the tables are wonderful and customer service is fantastic!

Be bold, be different. Go for the best!

Ann,

I don't think you'll be disappointed with your Green Millennium. Some of the features that you'll fall in love with (not to mention all the APQS gang :)) are the adjustable front handles (you can quilt for hours on end and not get fatigued); the accurate stitch regulator (you can get perfect stitches right away without going through the learning curve of trying to master both movement AND speed); and the light weight of the machine.

On an unrelated-to-quilting note,

Ever since I was a young girl my family vacationed each year in the Bemidji/Cass Lake area and my parents retired for the summers there until their passing a couple of years ago. I miss Northern Minnesota and the beautiful woodlands, loons, and lakes!

Where are you located? Do you have some nice quilt shops near you for inspiration? (After I started quilting many years ago my family dreaded the drive to the lake simply because we had to hit every quilt shop on the way, and I'd even vary the route from time to time just so we'd have to hit new ones!)

Anyway, if you have any questions about how to use your new Millie, as National Education Director, I'm your gal!

Brenni - we call those Turkeys in NC:P That's why it's so hard to fly like an eagle around here! (Oops...did I say that out loud???)

However, I do get to fly like an Eagle with my Milli! (yes, I know this is a shameless plug!) but I do love the one thing that keeps me somewhat sane after a long day of working.

Ann - We bought our Milli sight unseen about two years ago. We had even test drove a Gammill. Dawn was and is so helpful! We also had the wonderful opportunity of visiting Karen at her studio in Duluth. We loved the experience.

Ann, I bought my George machine sight unseen, the closest test drive for me was one good, long days drive, or two not quite so long days drive. So a 5 hour drive would be to me, an excuse to do lunch in another town--by the way have done that a time or two. Drove 5 hours to have lunch, then turn around and drive back home in one day. But you will have your machine in no time, and then wonder why all the worrying. Enjoy.

Originally posted by annleverington

Thanks for all the encouragement. Still looking for Millie owners in northern Minnesota/western North Dakota.

Still hoping to go through with it, there are 3 Gammill's within 100 miles but no APQS?, would like to try both before spending that much.

Thanks again,

Ann

Can you call the home office and ask them who has a machine in that area. That's what I did 12 years ago, and came home the next day and ordered mine....give it a shot.

Archived