Congratulations New Year Block Swappers

Busy Quilting

By my count we are two months into this swap and already have 30 of the 55 people participating that have completed and posted their blocks.

I think that is a pretty good statistic.

Now there is only three months left for the last 25 people to get their blocks posted.

Please, please, please get them done. There are many design walls with blocks sitting on them waiting for their partners!

And mine is one of them!

Lyn

Thank you for the new statistics. and let me thank everyone who is contributing too! I know how easy it is to get busy and feel the pressure. However, I vowed to not let it spoil my enjoyment--I actually found the time last week at the mountain to finish them. My granddaughters will be going home this afternoon, and I am planning to sign the blocks, stuff the envelopes, and get them in the mail on Monday. Hoorah! I'll post a list when they are sealed, stamped, and dropped in the mailbox!

Yes Karen, you are on my list, as are four other international quilters. I'm excited too. I took a map of the United States and put a mark on it for all the quilters I'm sending too. From as far north as Port Hardy, BC to as far south as Orlando, Florida, as far West as Grand Junction, Colorado, to as far east as Ruther Glen, VA, and then to mention Australia and Tasmania----this is truly an international and far reaching project!

Thank you again Teresa for getting us together!

Lyn, those are great statistics! I too hope the rest participate, as we each have put a lot of time and $$ into making our blocks and sending them out...

My design wall only has 4 blocks... I am trying to be patient! Would love to get the rest of our quilters excited about making and sending their blocks!!! Hopefully soon!

I guess a few of us just got too excited about this one, I keep reminding myself that everyone has until May. Unfortunately that doesn't stop me from being a little excited everytime the postie comes..

looking forward to receiving more blocks and making a beautiful quilt with them....

I am currently giving my time and attention to working on blocks/tops for the Australian fire victims. I felt those took priority. I even put aside another project that I was working on to work on those. I plan on hosting my quilting group on 3/13, collecting the blocks that they bring, sending off the blocks, tops and anything else by the 14th. Then I'll be starting my 1930's blocks. Don't worry guys, I always come through!

Coleen, you're too funny.

Dianne

Hey everyone,

The May deadline is still some time away. Not everyone can be overachievers. I am looking forward to getting all my blocks but I understand time has to be put aside to do the blocks. So to those of you who are still workign on them, don't panic...yet. Mid May would be a better time to panic. ;)

Pamela

I got mine done this last weekend at a quilt camp at the Camp Tecumseh YMCA . We had 3 wonderful days of piecing. I don't get the opportunity to piece much at home so I got a lot done. A baby Quilt and 4 blocks for the quilt club I'm teaching. During this time I also finished the last 7 blocks for the New Year's swap. I was asked what I was making them for, and, of course, I explained to them about this swap. Meanwhile my friend is making comments under her breath like, "Because, Kristie doesn't have anything else to do." She is right too. But we all seem to think we can cram 50lbs in a 10lb bag. And some of us are even surprised when we meet someone who doesn't do that! For those of you out there who are taking their time and using the deadline for real ... more power to you. Sometimes I wish I weren't a Type A personality, I'd spend less money at the Chiropractor! I'm working on getting a better handle on it and getting a lot of help from Joyce Meyer's book 100 WAYS TO SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE. I highly recommend it.

Wow! I hardly ever say that much. :D

Archived