discount after frogging?

Robin

I just finished a customer quilt, batiks front and back. I started out (a whole row) with a wide panto with variegated thread and just didn't like it, the panto and the tension. So I spent three evenings frogging and started over with a new panto. I used the forums wonderful suggestions and with spritzing and steam closed up the holes on the top, but the back, which is very busy still shows a little but I think that will come out in the wash.

My question is would you discount this due to frogging or just go with the regular price? I am really happy with how the quilt turned out in the end. What are your thoughts?

Robin , No I would not give a discount ........

1 there is nothing wrong with the quilt

2 You just changed your mind and did the frogging

Also when you are done quilting just spray the back with a little water and then iron / steam the holes away . You will be the only to know . Expect all of us :P:P:P:P:P

My 2 cents

No damage done, nothing to discount!!

You didn't charge them extra for the time it took to frog!!

It took me a year of customer quilts to stop/stop/stop pointing out whoopsies, and my (perceived) mistakes when the customer picked up!

What is with that? Did I not feel worthy? Is it an estrogen thing?

I could just smack myself when I think of it :P so, never volunteer any extra information!! I let them know what a pleasure it was to share in finishing their quilt. Bask in the admiration of your customers. You are the professional--they know that you know what you are doing, even if you have to convince yourself of that fact!!;)

I agree with the others, nothing damaged so no discount.

When I do this I usually start out my statement with " I didn't like it because, so I knew you wouldn't and this what I changed it to and why......

If you have a game plan before you tell them and have it down and its a honest answer you will be able to convince them that it was the better way to go and they also will go away with you had them in mind when you changed yours.

I guess its sorta like letting them believe they wanted it or it was their idea in the first place.... And whats the saying: its better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission....

I would not give a discount on this and I would stand my ground.

Thanks girls. I took your advice and delivered the quilt at noon today. I did not discount it. The customer really liked the quilt. So all is good. You know, so far, (knock on something) I have had really nice customers and really great piecers to work with. This quilt had really wide borders and not a wave in them. Thanks again for your advice!

Archived